Download/Install Android 8.1 Oreo based AOSPExtended On Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus Plus (Codename: natrium): Android Oreo which is the latest android released few months back is breaking through the internet. Most of the smartphone enterprises have started to roll out the Android 8 Oreo for their devices and Xiaomi is one of them but Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus is the device which has fewer chances to get the official android Oreo update, don’t worry because there are number of developers who developed some ROM based on Android Oreo for the devices like Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus. Yes, you can update Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus to Android Oreo 8.1 which is something interesting. If you want to experience android Oreo on your device then you must follow this guide completely to install android Oreo 8.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus.
Android Oreo 8.1 on Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus can be installed with the help of AOSPExtended which is a custom ROM. Custom ROMs are specially developed to upgrade devices. A custom ROM will help you customize your device in your own way like you can shape your device in any way you want. AOSP is a custom ROM based on Android Oreo 8.1 which help users to install and experience android Oreo on their device. Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus is quite stable with AOSPExtended which means there are no bugs reported till now if you face any minor bug feel free to report it in the comment section. If you want to get AOSPExtended for Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus you must follow this guide without missing any important step cause doing that could make your device bricked.
Android is the most used and popular mobile operating system in the world. There are more thousands and thousands of manufacturers which are making Android devices. The popularity of Android OS is because of the freedom of customization it offers. Unlike iOS, everything on an Android device (software related) can easily be modified to match users taste.
Android users can root their device easily and can install TWRP or any other recovery. The rooting process on Android is easier compared to iOS. Once custom recovery is installed, users can flash Custom ROMs which are modified Android Operating systems developed by an Android developer or a group of developers.
There are tons of things which users can do after rooting their device like flashing Custom ROMs, kernels and Mods. Most of the Custom ROMs are feature rich. They provide loads of customization options compared to the Stock ROM. Some of the Custom ROMs are well optimized for battery and performance. So, users are always in search for good custom ROMs for their Android smartphones.
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
- 0.1 What is Custom ROMs On Android?
- 0.2 Benefits Of Custom ROMs
- 0.3 About Android 8.1 Oreo( AOSPExtended):
- 0.4 Pre-Requirements
- 0.5 Disclaimer
- 0.6 Download AOSPExtended For Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus
- 1 Steps To Install AOSPExtended ROM On Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus | Android 8.1 Oreo Update
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third-party ROMs like AOSPExtended or 15.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
About Android 8.1 Oreo( AOSPExtended):
The Android 8.1 OreoUpdate is an incremental update that which comes with a number of bug fixes and optimizations. All the features from Android 7.0 and 7.1 are available in Android 8.1 Nougat. The performance and system stability is much improved with the latest update. One of the silent features introduced in 8.1 is fingerprint gestures
- [Download Links Added] Official AOSPExtended.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install AOSPExtended ROM On Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download AOSPExtended For Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus
- Download The ROM | Credit: Xda
- Download Official GApps For Official AOSPExtended ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 (If you want root access)
Steps To Install AOSPExtended ROM On Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus | Android 8.1 Oreo Update
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into thelatest Android
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.