Download/Install Android 8.1 Oreo On Galaxy Mega 6.3 [InvictaOS-8.1.0 ROM]: Galaxy Mega 6.3 is a mid-range budget smartphone from the South Korean manufacturer which was released in June 2013. The device equipped with a 6.30-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720 pixels by 1280 pixels and due to the screen size it got its name.It is powered by a 1.7GHz dual-core CPU coupled with 1.5GB of RAM.It comes with 8GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 64GB via a microSD card.It sports an 8-megapixel primary and a 1.9-megapixel front camera.The Galaxy Mega 6.3 runs Android 4.2 KitKat out of the box and houses a 3200mAh removable battery.
The best thing about Android is the customization options it has.Users can root their device to use them to their fullest potential.Once a device is rooted, you can install Custom MODs, Kernels and ROMs.There are tons of Custom ROMs available for Android devices Like Carbon ROM, crDroid, Resurrection and Lineage Os.Users can update their old devices to the newest version of Androids which are not officially supported.
Your device should have root access and TWRP recovery should also be installed to install this latest ROM. The download links and installation procedure is given with this article please read through. With the Android 8.1 ROM, you will also need to download the latest Gapps supported by Android 8.1 Oreo to have the full experience.
But remember these are initial releases so may have some bugs but in future updates, everything will be fixed.So if you are interested, you can install this ROM on your device by following this guide.We have left some steps for you to be able to learn How to Download and Install InvictaOS-8.1.0 ROM On Galaxy Mega 6.3 (Android 8.1 Oreo ROM)[mks_pullquote align=”left” width=”760″ size=”16″ bg_color=”#095689″ txt_color=”#ffffff”]
- The Lineage OS 15.1 Official Device List (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- This guide is for the Galaxy Mega 6.3 only.
- A complete nandroid backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices (rooted users) and How to Backup Important Data On Android (Non rooted users)
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- Before you begin with the tutorial, make sure that ‘USB Debugging‘ is enabled from Settings > Developer Options.
Steps To Install Android 8.1 Oreo On Galaxy Mega 6.3 [InvictaOS-8.1.0 ROM]
- Download the ROM file as well as the GApps file, and transfer it onto your Galaxy Mega 6.3 using your data cable.
- Reboot your Galaxy Mega 6.3 into the recovery mode. Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now, follow this in-depth guide to learn How to Download and Install Resurrection Remix on your device How To Install A Custom ROM Via Recovery On Any Android
- Return back to the TWRP menu, and reboot your device.
Good going! You’ve now learnt How to Download and Install Resurrection Remix on Galaxy Mega 6.3. If you have any queries, feel free to hit us down in the comments section below. Also, we would love to hear what’s your favourite feature in the newest build of the ROM which is built off of Android 8.1 Oreo!
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.