Download and Install crDroid OS Pie On Moto Z (Android 9.0 Pie): Recently Google has released Android 9.0 Pie with some new features added. There are many users who want much more customisation option than the stock firmware. If you are one of them then this is the guide for you. Hello guys! Today, we are here to share with you all about crDroid OS and how you can easily download and install it on your Moto Z.
The Moto Z comes with a 5.5-inch AMOLED capacitive display screen with a resolution of 2560x1440p, a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 Quad Core processor, Adreno 530 GPU, 4 GB RAM, 32/64 GB ROM storage capacity, and a non-removable 2600mAh Li-Ion battery. It runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box. It sports a 13 MP main camera on the rear side.
Did you know that a rooted Android device has the potential to be 10 times more powerful than the same unrooted device? Rooting gives your device features like tinkering with the settings, getting rid of the bloatware, installing custom ROMs, and more. A custom ROM makes your device much more flexible while also giving you much more control over your device. The crDroid OS is the most recent update of this line of custom ROMs and this update is based on the source code of Android 9.0 Pie.
Custom ROMs List
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Lenovo or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Pie) On old device by installing third-party ROMs like crDroid OS or 15. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install crDroid OS ROM On Moto Z.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download crDroid OS For Moto Z
- Download crDroid OS // Credit goes to transi1 || Xda development page
- Download Official GApps For Official crDroid OS ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 (If you want root access)
Steps To Install crDroid OS On Moto Z (Android 9.0 Pie)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into thelatest Android
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.