Download/Install Resurrection Remix Oreo On OnePlus 5T (Android 8.1 Oreo)| RR v6.0.0: OnePlus is one of the most popular names in the mobile world.OnePlus releases two devices every year and last year they released their flagship the OnePlus 5T.The device was the updated version of Oneplus 5 with an 18:9 ratio display.The device becomes one of the most popular devices of last year.
As I mentioned before, the most readily visible change in OnePlus 5T is display, which is now tall, trendy 18:9 6-inches bezel-less display at 2160×1080 pixels at 401 PPI density. It is packed with the 16+20MP dual primary camera and 16 MP front-facing camera. It is powered by octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor, 6/8 gigs of RAM with 3400 mAh battery. It comes with Android Nougat out of the box.
Like all the OnePlus devices OnePlus 5T is very developer friendly.There are tons of custom ROMs available for the device despite being so new.Lineage OS 15.1 and Official Resurrection Remix v6.0.0 have been released for the device.It will get many more custom ROMs in coming days.
Resurrection Remix’s latest Official build v6.0.0 has been released for many smartphones.The latest build is based on Android 8.1 Oreo which is the latest Android version.Now OnePlus 5T has started getting the Resurrection Remix v6.0.0 Custom ROM.If you are a OnePlus 5T user then you can Update OnePlus 5T To Android 8.1 Oreo Via Resurrection Remix v6.0.0.
But remember these are initial releases so may have some bugs but in future updates, everything will be fixed.So if you are interested, you can install this ROM on your device by following this guide.We have left some steps for you to be able to learn How to Download and Install Resurrection Remix Oreo On OnePlus 5T (Android 8.1 Oreo)| RR v6.0.0
What is Custom ROM On Android?
- 1 What is Custom ROM On Android?
- 1.1 Benefits Of Custom ROMs
- 1.2 DISCLAIMER
- 1.3 PRE-REQUISITES
- 2 Downloads
- 3 Steps To Install Resurrection Remix Oreo On OnePlus 5T (Android 8.1 Oreo)
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third party ROMs like EXTENDED or 15.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here >What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- This guide is for the OnePlus 5T only.
- A complete nandroid backup of your device is recommended, in case something goes wrong.Guide How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices (rooted users) and How to Backup Important Data On Android (Non rooted users)
- Make sure your device is charged at least up to 60%, to prevent unexpected shutdowns in the process.
- Before you begin with the tutorial, make sure that ‘USB Debugging‘ is enabled from Settings > Developer Options.
Steps To Install Resurrection Remix Oreo On OnePlus 5T (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Download the ROM file as well as the GApps file, and transfer it onto your OnePlus 5T using your data cable.
- Reboot your OnePlus 5T into the recovery mode.
- Now, follow this in-depth guide to learn How to Download and Install Resurrection Remix on your device
- Return back to the TWRP menu, and reboot your device.
Good going! You’ve now learnt How to Download and Install Resurrection Remix on OnePlus 5T. If you have any queries, feel free to hit us down in the comments section below. Also, we would love to hear what’s your favourite feature in the newest build of RR v6.0.0 built off of Android 8.1 Oreo!