Guide: How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root LeEco Le Max 2 (gemini)
The LeEco Le Max 2 is not released yet but we have the latest TWRP 3.0.2-0 recovery for the device.The device is scheduled to release in coming days.The LeEco Le Max 2 is going to be the successor to the very popular LeEco Le Max.The TWRP recovery for LeEco Le Max 2 is not tested yet.
Very special thanks to HostZero, Senior Member over Xda for sharing the TWRP 3.0.2-0 recovery file for LeEco Le Max 2.He has compiled the build using Omni 6.0 sources.As the device is not available, he could not test it.If everything goes well then this TWRP can be installed on LeEco Le Max 2.
Now we can root LeEco Le Max 2.First we have to flash the latest TWRP recovery then we can install SuperSu (Latest) via TWRP recovery to get root access on LeEco Le Max 2.It is a very simple and easy process.But for now, we have no idea if the TWRP is working or not.We will update this post as soon as we got any information on that.
- Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page. You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery life
- The TWRP version is not tested yet.
- Setup ADB & Fastboot On your computer.Guide Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Enable Developer option, USB Debugging & OEM Unlock On your Android.Guide How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY & ROOT LeEco Le Max 2
HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON LeEco Le Max 2
- Make sure you have read the Pre-requirement section (Important)
- Now download the TWRP file for Le max 2 from the download section and put inside the ADB folder
- Next, connect your device to your computer
- Now follow this guide to Flash / Install TWRP Recovery On LeEco Le Max 2.Guide How to Install TWRP Recovery via Fastboot On Any Android Device
HOW TO ROOT LeEco Le Max 2
- Once TWRP is installed, boot your device
- Again connect it to PC and transfer the SuperSu file to the internal storage and unplug it from the PC
- Now boot the device into recovery mode.Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Once you are in TWRP recovery, flash the SuperSu root Zip to Safely Root LeEco Le Max 2.Guide How To Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device
- Done!!!Your device should be rooted
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section 🙂