Now you can download and Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy J6 | Android 9.0 Pie. Thanks to uploader TCEC, the unofficial build of Lineage OS 16 is now available for the device. Users can flash Lineage OS 16 build directly via TWRP recovery.
Lineage OS 16 is based on Google’s Android 9.0 Pie source code. This is the successor to Lineage OS 15.1. Lineage OS was previously known as CyanogenMod which was the most used and popular Custom ROM at that time. Team Lineage OS has been doing excellent work. The Lineage OS ROMs provide a very clean and simple Pixel like user experience.
The Samsung Galaxy J6 was launched in May 2018. It features a 5.60-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720×1480 pixels. The device is driven by a 1.6GHz octa-core Exynos 7870 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM.
The Samsung Galaxy J6 sports a 13MP front and 8MP rear camera. It packs 32GB of onboard storage which can be expanded up to 256GB) via microSD card. The Samsung Galaxy J6 runs Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box. It houses a 3000mAh non-removable battery.
[su_note note_color=”#e3ecf0″ radius=”2″]
Lineage OS 16 Features | Android 9.0 Pie Features
As Lineage OS 16 is based On Android 9.0 Pie’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy J6.
- Rotate buggy a bit
How to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 16 On Samsung Galaxy J6 | Android 9.0 Pie
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 16 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.