Xiaomi Redmi 8 is the latest Xiaomi device to get the Lineage OS 17.1 unofficial ROM. You can install the latest Lineage OS 17.1 On Xiaomi Redmi 8 | Android 10 (olive). We are thankful to Recognized developer J0SH1X for the ROM.
The Xiaomi Redmi 8 sports a 6.22 inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1520 pixels with a Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection at the top of it. The device is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 439 CPU coupled with 4GB of RAM.
The device comes with 64GB 0f internal storage. The Xiaomi Redmi 8 sports a dual rear camera (12MP + 2MP) and an 8MP front camera. The device comes running Android 9.0 Pie at the top of Xiaomi’s MIUI 9 skin out of the box. It houses a 5000 mAh battery. Xiaomi Redmi 8 has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 17.1 On Xiaomi Redmi 8.
How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 On Xiaomi Redmi 8 | Android 10 (Unofficial)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 17.1 Based on Android 10. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.