The unofficial build of Lineage OS 17 is now made available for Redmi K20 Pro or Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro (Global market) | Android 10 (raphael). The ROM is in its very early stage. If you want to Install Lineage OS 17 On Redmi K20 Pro (Mi 9T Pro), make sure to follow each and every step carefully.
Now you flash Lineage OS 17 build directly via TWRP recovery. But remember this is an early build so there may be few bugs present which may cause an issue while using the ROM as a daily driver. Thus I recommend not to flash the ROM on your primary smartphone. We are thankful to Recognized Xda Member abhishek987 for the ROM.
The Redmi K20 Pro is the first Redmi Flagship with all the high-end features and specifications. comes equipped with a large 6.39-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080×2340 pixels (aspect ratio of 19.5:9). The device is powered by a 2.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor. (1 core clocked at 2.84GHz, 3 cores clocked at 2.42GHz) and 4 cores clocked at 1.8GHz. It has 6GB/8GB of RAM options. The Redmi K20 Pro runs Android 9.0 Pie out of the box and later updated to Android 10.
It packs 64GB of inbuilt storage. The Redmi K20 Pro is a dual-SIM smartphone that accepts Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM cards. The Redmi K20 Pro sports a Triple camera setup on the rear side. It has a 48-megapixel primary camera, a second 8-megapixel camera and a 13-megapixel camera with an f/2.4 aperture. It sports a 20-megapixel camera on the front for selfies. The device houses a 4,000mAh battery. It also supports proprietary fast charging.
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Video Playback
- Not found any as of the post
For more information about the ROM, check the official Xda thread here
Lineage OS 17 On Redmi K20 Pro (Mi 9T Pro) Features | Android 10 Features
Now let’s talk about Lineage OS 17 features and the release date. The official release date of Lineage OS 17.0 is unknown. But the ROM will have all the Android 10 features as it will be based on Android 10 (Q) source code. It will have a totally new UI like Android 10 and the most hyped feature of Android 10 system-wide force dark theme will also be available on the ROM
- A system-wide dark mode
- Smart Reply for all messaging apps.
- New easy sharing menu.
- Quicker access to settings.
- A standard depth format.
- Overhauled permissions.
- Wi-Fi sharing via QR codes
- Focus Mode
As Lineage OS 17 is based On Android 10’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 17 On Redmi K20 Pro (Mi 9T Pro).
How to Install Lineage OS 17 On Redmi K20 Pro (Mi 9T Pro) | Android 10 (Unofficial)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 17 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.