Here we are sharting a guide to Install Lineage OS 17 On Redmi Note 6 Pro | Android 10 (tulip). This is an early unofficial Lineage OS 17 For Redmi Note 6 Pro based on Android 10. Now you can download the ROM and flash Lineage OS 17 build directly via TWRP recovery If you are a Redmi Note 6 Pro user then you should try out the unofficial Lineage OS 17 On Redmi Note 6 Pro. We are thankful to Recognized Xda Member DD3Boh for the ROM.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro comes equipped with a 6.26 inches IPS LCD display (1080 x 2280P). The device is powered by Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636 processor coupled with Adreno 509 GPU. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro brings the dual rear camera from Xiaomi Redmi 5 Pro. It has 12MP + 5MP dual rear side cameras.
It runs on Android 8.1 Oreo (MIUI 10). The device will get Android Pie 9.0 update later this year. It houses a 4000 mAh battery and sports a fingerprint reader at the back. The device comes with 32/3GB and 64/4GB internal storage and RAM combinations
Below we have mentioned what features of the ROM are working and which are not. If you are interested to experience the latest Android 10 on your Redmi Note 6 Pro, you can flash the ROM. But make sure to read the steps and bugs list before flashing.
What’s working :
-RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- WiFi Display
- FM radio
- Selinux permissive
For more details check the Xda development page here.
Lineage OS 17 Features | Android 10 Features
Now let’s talk about Lineage OS 17 features and the release date. The official release date of Lineage OS 17.0 is unknown. But the ROM will have all the Android 10 features as it will be based on Android 10 (Q) source code. It will have a totally new UI like Android 10 and the most hyped feature of Android 10 system-wide force dark theme will also be available on the ROM
- A system-wide dark mode
- Smart Reply for all messaging apps.
- New easy sharing menu.
- Quicker access to settings.
- A standard depth format.
- Overhauled permissions.
- Wi-Fi sharing via QR codes
- Focus Mode
As Lineage OS 17 is based On Android 10’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 17 On Redmi Note 6 Pro.
- Lineage OS 17 for Redmi Note 6 Pro: Download LineageOS
- Official TWRP : Official TWRP
- Download GApps For Lineage OS 17 ROMs
How to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 17 On Redmi Note 6 Pro | Android 10
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed.
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official Lineage OS 17 Based on Android Pie. If you have any doubts regarding this process,