Update Bootleggers ROM On Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S (Android 9.0 Pie) || codename: polaris: In case you own a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S and looking for ways to root the android device and install Bootleggers ROM, then you have landed on the right place. Here, in this post, we will be giving you all the basic details regarding custom ROMs, Bootleggers ROM, its benefits, and more. After that, we will be giving you a step-by-step guide on how you can easily install it on your device.
The Xiaomi Mi MIX 2s was released in March 2018. It is a premium device from the company. It comes equipped with a 5.99-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2160 pixels. The device is powered by a 2.8GHz octa-core processor CPU coupled with 6GB of RAM. It has 64GB of internal storage (Non-Expandable). The Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S sports a 12-megapixel primary camera and a 5-megapixel camera on the rear and front respectively.
If you have not heard about Bootleggers ROM, then let me provide some information about this Custom ROM first. It is a new custom ROM built based on Ground Zero Open Source Project (GZOSP). It also has all the important features and customization option. It has it’s own wallpaper apps and various other things which makes it a worth try.
Pie is easily one of the biggest Android updates Google has ever released. This operating system will be using AI heavily and it will come with an all-new navigation system that has become a necessity after the advent of bezel-less screens. Another major development in this latest update is going to be the inclusion of Digital Wellbeing. The special feature has been released especially after the manufacturers and developed realized the importance of sometimes cutting off users from the social media and notifications
Custom ROMs List
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Lenovo or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Pie) On old device by installing third-party ROMs like Bootleggers ROM or 15. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
- List Of Android Devices Getting Lineage OS 16 (Android 9.0 P)
- [Official List] Android Pie Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Bootleggers ROM ROM On Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download Bootleggers ROM For Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- Download Bootleggers ROM (4pda Link) // 4pda Development Page
- Download Official GApps For Official Bootleggers ROM ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 (If you want root access)
Steps To Install Bootleggers ROM On Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S (Android 9.0 Pie)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into thelatest Android
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.