Update Razer Phone To Resurrection Remix Oreo (Android 8.1 GSI): This is an unofficial GSI build available for Razer Phone. The ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo source code. It is compatible with only project treble hardware. As Razer Phone fully supports project treble, it can be flashed on the device. The Custom ROM is maintained by raimondomartire. If you want to know more about Resurrection Remix Android 8.1 Oreo For Razer Phone, just Visit this XDA Thread
The Android 8.1 Oreo is fairly a new version of the Google labs. With the release of new Android 8.1 Oreo, the parallel thing that happens is the development of the Custom ROM which essentially acts as a wrapper to the underlying Android version. The Official Resurrection RemixExtended Oreo on Razer Phone based on Android 8.1 Oreo is packed with new Wallpaper Themes, AutoFill, Redesigned Power Menu, Adaptive Icons, Picture -In- Picture Mode, Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time, new Shutdown and boot Animation, Pixel 2 Launcher, Round Statusbar Icons, and Settings. Follow the below step by step guide to install Resurrection Remix ROM on Razer Phone (Android 8.1 Oreo).
Razer Phone which is manufactured by the gaming giant Razer is one of the first game-centric Android smartphones. The phone comes with all the high-end specs and features The most exciting part about it has been the display which has a refresh rate of 120Hz on its display. Most commonly, smartphones have a 60Hz refresh rate. This 120Hz panel is very helpful for mobile gamers. The device is powered by an Octa-Core Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 (10 nm) CPU paired with Adreno 540 GPU. It comes with 8b GB RAM and 64 GB ROM. It also has a dedicated microSD slot to extend the storage up to 512 GB.
Like most of the Android devices, it also sports a dual rear camera (12 MP, f/1.8, 25mm wide angle and 12 MP, f/2.6, 1/3.4″, 2x optical zoom) and an 8 MP, f/2.0 front camera. It runs Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box and officially upgraded to Android 8.1 Oreo. The device has a side mounted fingerprint scanner. It houses a Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery.
Custom ROMs Collection:  Full List Of Best Custom ROMs For Razer Phone (Pie and Oreo)
Resurrection Remix 8.1 Oreo Features
As Resurrection Remix Oreo is based On Android 8.1 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android 8.1 Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features. Lineage OS is the most popular Android ROM available and it is also one of the best ROMs when it comes to support
Android 8.1 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser until now. The feature, Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password. This will save your precious time.
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose. This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.1 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0. There are many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.1 Oreo. This will be shown in a floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time
This “Google Play Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.1 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.1 Oreo ( Resurrection Remix Oreo.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Resurrection Remix Oreo On Razer Phone.
- Download Resurrection Remix 8.1 (Download the right file according to your device ARM64 or 32)
- Download GApps For Resurrection Remix 8.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk Android Oreo | Android 8.1 (If you want root access)
How to Install Resurrection Remix Android 8.1 Oreo on Razer Phone
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link and extract them
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a nandroid backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now return to the main menu of TWRP and wipe cache, data, and system before flashing the ROM
- In order to Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. (Don’t select the internal storage)
- Once wiping is done, enter your device into fastboot mode by long pressing Vol + Power down.
- Make sure fastboot tool has been installed on your computer. If not follow the linked guide
- Download the GSI ROM file and transfer into ADB fastboot extracted folder.
- Open the ADB folder, Open the command window / Powershell window, by pressing the shift key and right mouse click on the folder blank space.
- Now just the ROM by issuing the given command
fastboot flash system_a system-arm64-ab.img
- Now boot into Stock Recovery by typing the following command.
fastboot reboot recovery
- Do a factory reset and reboot your device.
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Resurrection Remix Oreo Based on Android Oreo 8.1. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.