Update Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime to Android 8.1 Oreo via AICP 13.1 : Android 8.1 update!!!! for Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime users, now they can update Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime to android Oreo, yes now you can. Android Oreo the latest version of Android which was released a few months back is now available for Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime via AICP 13.1 . You have to install AICP 13.1 on Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime to update Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime to android Oreo 8.1. AICP 13.1 is the latest custom ROM available with Android oreo, There are many custom ROM developed on Android Oreo platform but AICP 13.1 is the latest and stable Custom ROM available for Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime. Of you wish to install the AICP 13.1 on Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime then scroll down and read the full guide.
Though AICP 13.1 is not a popular Custom ROM but still it’s better than others as it’s more stable and contains no or less bugs. No bugs are reported till yet for this custom ROM if you face any by installing AICP 13.1 on Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime then report it in the comment section below. AICP 13.1 includes all the features of Android 8.1 plus some additional functions, Installing AICP 13.1 on Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime can enhance it’s performance and software. AICP 13.1 is best custom ROM with Android 8.1 for Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime. Install AICP 13.1 on Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime by following the guide written below carefully as missing any step mentioned in that guide could cost bricking up your Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime.
Android is the most used and popular mobile operating system in the world. There are more thousands and thousands of manufacturers which are making Android devices. The popularity of Android OS is because of the freedom of customization it offers. Unlike iOS, everything on an android device (software related) can easily be modified to match users taste.
Android users can root their device easily and can install TWRP or any other recovery. The rooting process on android is easier compared to iOS. Once custom recovery is installed, users can flash Custom ROMs which are modified Android Operating systems developed by an Android developer or a group of developers.
There are tons of things which users can do after rooting their device like flashing Custom ROMs, kernels and Mods. Most of the Custom ROMs are feature rich. They provide loads of customization options compared to the Stock ROM. Some of the Custom ROMs are well optimized for battery and performance. So, users are always in search for good custom ROMs for their Android smartphones.
Check Out Our Latest Full ROMs List > Redmi 4 Prime Custom ROMs Collection (Android Oreo and Nougat ROMs)
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third party ROMs like AICP 13.1 or 15.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
[su_heading size=”18″ align=”left” class=”Bold”]Related Posts[/su_heading]
- [Download Links Added] Official Lineage OS 14.1.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/unlock-bootloader-android-using-fastboot-commands/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#000000″ color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link-square” icon_color=”#aaf4a7″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot[/su_button]
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install AICP 13.1 ROM On Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download AICP 13.1 For Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime
- Download The ROM (Xda Thread Link) | Credit: Link
- Download Official GApps For Official AICP 13.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 (If you want root access)
Steps To Install AICP 13.1 ROM On Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime | Android 8.1 Oreo Update
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into the latest Android