The Chinese smartphone manufacturer OnePlus has launched a couple of flagship-killer smartphones in 2019 that include OnePlus 7 series and OnePlus 7T series. Especially in India, OnePlus devices are the best affordable flagship smartphones for now. If you have a budget around 40K in India, then you can easily get a new OnePlus device that looks good, offers good, performs good, and the software update record is also good enough. Here in this article, we will share with you the list of Best Custom ROMs For OnePlus 7 Pro that you can download and install easily.
OnePlus devices run on their own customized UI called OxygenOS as globally and HydrogenOS in China-specific. The OxygenOS runs on Android and one of the polished or refined custom skins in the market right now. The speed to performance ratio is close to the stock Android with its own launcher, icons, customized features that are best in class. It’s also worth mentioning that OxygenOS is a developer-friendly UI so that you will get plenty of tweaks, mods, and compatible Custom ROMs out there.
About OnePlus 7 Pro
- 1 About OnePlus 7 Pro
- 1.1 What is Custom ROMs On Android?
- 1.2 Benefits Of Custom ROMs
- 1.3 Pre-Requirements:
- 2 List of Best Custom ROMs For OnePlus 7 Pro
- 3 How To Install Custom ROMs On OnePlus 7 Pro
The OnePlus 7 Pro was launched in May 2019 with a 6.67-inches Fluid AMOLED display with 1440×3120 pixels resolution. It’s protected by the Corning Gorilla Glass 5, has a 19.5:9 aspect ratio, supports HDR10+ and features a 90Hz display refresh rate. The device came with Android 9.0 Pie over OxygenOS 10.0.2 UI and currently running on the Android 10 stable version.
It’s powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor (7nm) coupled with 6/8/12GB of RAM. It has 128/256GB of internal storage. There is a triple rear camera setup of a 48 MP (wide, f/1.6), an 8 MP (telephoto, f/2.4), a 16 MP (ultrawide, f/2.2) lens. It supports PDAF, Laser AF, OIS, Panorama, HDR, an LED flash, etc. Whereas the front has a 16 MP (wide, f/2.0) pop-up selfie camera with the Auto HDR and Gyro-EIS support.
The device has a 4000mAh battery with 30W OnePlus Warp charge support. It features Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, Type-C, GPS, under-display fingerprint sensor, gyro, proximity sensor, etc.
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes that are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by HTC or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install the latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old devices by installing third-party ROMs like Lineage OS. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get a better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing a few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
- Make sure the bootloader on your OnePlus 7 Pro is unlocked and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure your device is rooted and have a custom recovery like TWRP installed.
- How To Unlock the Bootloader On OnePlus 7 Pro In 2 Mins
- How To Download Latest TWRP Recovery On Any Android
- How To Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device
List of Best Custom ROMs For OnePlus 7 Pro
- Havoc OS (9.0 Pie)
- Pixel Experience ROM
- AOSiP (Android Open Source illusion Project)
- Bliss ROM
- Paranoid Android
How To Install Custom ROMs On OnePlus 7 Pro
- Make sure your device is rooted and have a Custom Recovery installed.
- First, download the desire Custom ROM from above and save it in your device SD card.
- Now download the GApps file from the link given below and save it in your device SD card:
- For Android 10 ROMs: Download Gapps For Android 10 Custom ROMs [Android 10 Gapps]
- For Android 9 Pie ROMs: Download MindTheGapps 9.0 For Android Pie 9.0 ROMs
- Now, select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into the ROM.
We hope this guide is helpful to you. You can ask in the comments below for any queries.