Download and Install crDroid OS on Sony Xperia Z5 (Android 7.1.2 Nougat): There are tons of things which users can do after rooting their device like flashing Custom ROMs, kernels and Mods. Most of the Custom ROMs are feature rich. They provide loads of customization options compared to the Stock ROM. Some of the Custom ROMs are well optimized for battery and performance. So, users are always in search of good custom ROMs for their Android smartphones.
Rooting? It sounds like an outrageously complex task right? But it is anything but that. In fact, rooting is an extremely simple process which can be easily performed by anyone be it a programmer, developer, or a casual Android user given they know proper steps. Rooting provides you with a lot of options to tinker with the settings, play with the interface, upgrade or downgrade firmware, and most importantly to install custom ROMs. Today, we are going to discuss crDroid custom ROM and how you can easily download it on your Sony Xperia Z5. This custom ROM is based on the source code of Android 7.1.2 Nougat and it comes with some really amazing additional features.
Sony Xperia Z5 was the flagship device of 2015 hence it has all the top end specifications and features for that time. It comes equipped with a 5.20-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels at a PPI of 424 pixels per inch. It is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor and it comes with 3GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 200GB via a microSD card. The Phone sports a 23-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 5-megapixel front shooter for selfies. The Sony Xperia Z5 Dual runs Android 5.1.1 and is powered by a 2900mAh non-removable battery.
If you are a Sony Xperia Z5 user who wants to root their device and install CrDroid on their device, then you are certainly in the correct place. In this post, we will be giving you all the basic information regarding rooting, custom ROMS, the benefits, and more. After that, we will be giving you a step-by-step guide to help you install this custom ROM.
| Full ROMs List: Best Custom ROMs For Sony Xperia Z5 and Z5 Dual (Oreo and Nougat)
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
- 0.1 What is Custom ROMs On Android?
- 0.2 Benefits Of Custom ROMs
- 0.3 About Android 7.1.2 Nougat (CrDroid):
- 0.4 Pre-Requirements
- 0.5 Disclaimer
- 0.6 Download CrDroid For Sony Xperia Z5
- 1 Steps To Install CrDroid ROM On Sony Xperia Z5 | Android 7.1.2 Nougat Update
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CrDroid or 15.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
About Android 7.1.2 Nougat (CrDroid):
The Android 7.1.2 Nougat Update is an incremental update that which comes with a number of bug fixes and optimizations. All the features from Android 7.0 and 7.1 are available in Android 7.1.2 Nougat. The performance and system stability is much improved with the latest update. One of the silent features introduced in 7.1.2 is fingerprint gestures
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install CrDroid ROM On Sony Xperia Z5.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download CrDroid For Sony Xperia Z5
- Download The ROM | Source Credit: Xda Development Page
- Download Official GApps For Official CrDroid ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 (If you want root access)
Steps To Install CrDroid ROM On Sony Xperia Z5 | Android 7.1.2 Nougat Update
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into thelatest Android
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.