Download/Install AICP 13.1 On Google Pixel XL (Android 8.1 Oreo): Hello friends! Today, in this post, we will be giving you all the detailed information regarding custom ROMs and how any Google Pixel XL user can easily download and install AICP 13.1 on their device. Rooting is one of the most beneficial functions available in an Android smartphone. Rooting gives you a lot of exciting features and options that are not normally present in the factory version. One of the biggest benefits of rooting your smartphone is that you unlock the feature to install custom ROMs. There are several exciting custom ROMs available in the market with AICP 13.1 one of them. This update of AICP 13.1 is based on the source code of Android 8.1 Oreo OS and it comes with not only the exciting features of Oreo firmware but also some really exciting additional features as well.
Google has been releasing some of the most highly advanced smartphones in the recent times. Most of the Google devices come with spectacular lists of specifications and features with Google Pixel XL one of them. This device comes equipped with a 5.5-inch AMOLED capacitive display screen with a resolution of 2560x1440p, a powerful Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 Quad Core processor, Adreno 530 GPU, 4 GB RAM, 32/128 GB ROM storage capacity, and a non-removable 3450mAh Li-Ion battery. It runs on Android 7.1 Nougat (upgradable to Android 8.0 Oreo), and its other features include a 12.3 MP primary camera, an 8.0 MP secondary camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.2, USB 3.0, USB Type-C, NFC, fingerprint scanner, and more.
In case you are a Google Pixel XL user who has been planning to install a custom ROM on their device then we are here to help you execute that. Here, in this post, we will be giving you all the information you need to know before you go on to install a custom ROM. After that, we will be giving you a step-by-step instruction manual to help you smoothly install this custom ROM.
Android is the most used and popular mobile operating system in the world. There are more thousands and thousands of manufacturers which are making Android devices. The popularity of Android OS is because of the freedom of customization it offers. Unlike iOS, everything on an Android device (software related) can easily be modified to match users taste.
Android users can root their device easily and can install TWRP or any other recovery. The rooting process on Android is easier compared to iOS. Once custom recovery is installed, users can flash Custom ROMs which are modified Android Operating systems developed by an Android developer or a group of developers.
There are tons of things which users can do after rooting their device like flashing Custom ROMs, kernels and Mods. Most of the Custom ROMs are feature rich. They provide loads of customization options compared to the Stock ROM. Some of the Custom ROMs are well optimized for battery and performance. So, users are always in search of good custom ROMs for their Android smartphones.
Full Custom ROMs List >  Full List Of Best Custom ROMs For Google Pixel XL (Oreo and Nougat)
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting For Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third-party ROMs like AICP 13.1 or 15.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
[su_heading size=”18″ align=”left” class=”Bold”]Related Posts[/su_heading]
- [Download Links Added] Official AICP 13.1.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/unlock-bootloader-android-using-fastboot-commands/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#000000″ color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link-square” icon_color=”#aaf4a7″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot[/su_button]
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install AICP 13.1 On Google Pixel XL.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download AICP 13.1 For Google Pixel XL
- Download The ROM | Credit: Joe pacino
- Download Official GApps For Official AICP 13.1s
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 (If you want root access)
Steps To Install AICP 13.1 On Google Pixel XL | Android 8.1 Oreo Update
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/how-to-create-restore-nandroid-backup-on-android-devices/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#322651″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link” icon_color=”#2fec42″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices[/su_button]
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/install-a-custom-rom-via-recovery-on-any-android/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#322651″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link” icon_color=”#2fec42″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Install A Custom ROM Via Recovery On Any Android[/su_button]
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/flash-gapps-using-twrp-recovery/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#322651″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link” icon_color=”#2fec42″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Flash GApps (Zip) via TWRP Recovery[/su_button]
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/download-latest-magisk-v13-5/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#322651″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link” icon_color=”#2fec42″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Install Magisk On Android Nougat To Gain Root[/su_button]
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into thelatest Android
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.