Download/Install Lineage OS 14.1 On Lenovo Tab3 8 (Android 7.1 Nougat): Hello guys! Has anyone here ever used CyanogenMod, Resurrection Remix or any other custom ROM on their Android device before? If yes, then you would know these custom ROMs make your device very flexible and efficient as compared to your usual Android OS. Lineage OS is an extension of CyanogenMod but is similar to it in every other way as its developers always use the same type of sources. However, Lineage OS has managed to eclipse the popularity and success achieved by CyanogenMod by several folds. If anyone knows rooting, then they will know that one of the benefits of rooting is that you get to install custom ROMs such as Lineage OS. Today, in this post, we are going to discuss Lineage OS 14.1 and how you can easily install it on your Lenovo Tab3 8 (TB3-850M). This custom ROM is based on the source code of Android 7.1.2 Nougat OS and it comes with all the features of Nougat along with a lot of additional features.
Lenovo is a brand that has been on a roll in the past few years. It has been busy releasing excellent models every other month. Its Tab3 8 (TB3-850M) comes equipped with a 8.0-inch IPS LCD display screen with a resolution of 1280x800p, a MediaTek MT8161 Quad-Core 1.0GHz Cortex-A53 processor, Mali-T720 MP2 GPU, 1 GB / 2 GB RAM, 16 GB ROM storage capacity, and a non-removable Li-Ion 4290mAh battery. It comes with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box, and its other features include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, a 5.0 MP rear camera, a 2.0 MP front camera, GPS, and more.
There are hundreds of guides on the internet that will help you install custom ROMs but what those guides lack is that they do not give the user the idea what they are actually doing. In this guide, we will be giving you all the information regarding custom ROMs, Lineage OS, and rooting. Then, we will give you a step-by-step guide which will help you easily install Lineage OS 14.1 on your device.
If you are new to the term “Custom ROMs” then you have to know what Custom ROM means, What are the benefits of using Custom ROMs.
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
About Android 7.1.2 Nougat (Lineage OS 14.1):
The Android 7.1.2 Nougat Update is an incremental update that which comes with a number of bug fixes and optimizations. All the features from Android 7.0 and 7.1 are available in Android 7.1.2 Nougat. The performance and system stability is much improved with the latest update. One of the silent features introduced in 7.1.2 is fingerprint gestures
- [Download Links Added] Official Lineage OS 14.1.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 14.1 On Lenovo Tab3 8.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download Lineage OS 14.1 For LENOVO TAB3 8
- Lineage OS 14.1 For LENOVO TAB3 8
- Download Official GApps For Official Lineage OS 14.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 (If you want root access)
Steps To Install Official Lineage OS 14.1 On LENOVO TAB3 8 | Android 7.1.2 Nougat Update
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.