Download and install MIUI 8 on HTC One M8 (MIUI 8.1.1): If you are an HTC One M8 user, attention, please! Did you know that a rooted device has the potential to be 10 times more powerful than the same unrooted device? It’s unbelievable, right? But it is in fact true. Rooting gives your device an array of options to tinker with the settings, make changes to the interface, play with the menu, delete the bloatware, and most importantly to install custom ROMs. Today, in this post, we will be discussing MIUI 8 and how you can easily install this firmware on your HTC One M8. Installing a custom ROM makes your device much more reliable, powerful, and efficient while giving you total control over your device.
HTC One M8 was released in March 2014. The device comes equipped with a 5.00-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels. The HTC One M8 is powered by Snapdragon CPU clocked at 2.5GHz. It is a quad-core processor coupled with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 128GB via a microSD card. The HTC One M8 sports a 4-Ultrapixel rear and a 5-megapixel front camera. The HTC One (M8) runs Android 4.4.2 and is powered by a 2600mAh non-removable battery
If you are an HTC One M8 user who is tired of looking for the perfect guide that will help you root your device and install a custom ROM, then this is the post you had been looking for. Here, in this post, we are going to give you all the basic details regarding rooting, custom ROMs, the benefits, and more. After that, we will give you a step-by-step guide to help you install the custom ROM within no time.
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third-party ROMs like MIUI 8 or 15. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install MIUI 8 ROM On HTC One M8.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download MIUI 8 For HTC One M8
- Download MIUI 8 ROM
- Download Official GApps For Official MIUI 8 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 (If you want root access)
| Full ROMs List: Best Custom ROMs For HTC One M8 (Oreo and Nougat)
Steps To Install MIUI 8 On HTC One M8 (Custom ROM)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into thelatest Android
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.