Download and Install Lineage OS 15.1 On HTC One M8 (Android 8.1 Oreo): How many of you know the concept of custom ROMs? If you are among those who have the idea of the concept of custom ROMs, then you will be aware of the huge name that Lineage OS is in the development sector of the Android market. If you have no idea what I am talking about then you need to know that Lineage OS is the biggest and most popular name that produces custom ROMs. It has released some of the best custom ROMs available these days. Custom ROMs help you unlock more options in your device by increasing the potential and features of your device. In this post, we will be giving you information on the latest Lineage OS 15.1 and how you can install this update on your HTC One M8. First of all, we need to thank bgcngm, Recognized Developer over Xda who shared with us this unofficial build of Lineage OS 15.1 which works well for HTC One M8 users. This new update is based on the latest Android 8.1 Oreo OS and comes with all the latest features like picture in picture mode, split-screen mode, and more.
HTC is a big name smartphone manufacturer which has released some of the best models from time to time. Its HTC One M8 is one such model. It comes equipped with a super LCD3 Capacitive 5.0-inch display screen with full HD resolution of 1920x1080p, a Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 801 Quad Core 2.3GHz processor, Adreno 330 GPU, 2 GB RAM, 16/32 GB internal storage capacity, and a non-removable Li-Po 2600mAh battery. It comes with Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS which is upgradable to Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS. Its other features include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.0, a 4 MP rear camera, a 5.0 MP front camera, NFC, Accelerometer, Quick Charge 2.0, GPS, and more.
While there is an abundance of articles which you can find regarding the installation of custom ROMs but most of them will only help you end up confused. In this post, we will first be giving you the basic information regarding what exactly is Lineage OS and custom ROMs, then we will give you a step-by-step guide to help you install this update.\
[mks_pullquote align=”left” width=”760″ size=”16″ bg_color=”#095689″ txt_color=”#ffffff”]
Full Custom ROMs Collection: List Of Best Custom ROMs For HTC One M8 (Oreo and Nougat)[/mks_pullquote]
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.1.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.1)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.1 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.1 Oreo
Lineage OS 15.1 Features | Android 8.1 Oreo Features
As Lineage OS 15.1 is based On Android 8.1 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.1 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser until now. The feature, Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password. This will save your precious time.
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose. This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.1 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0.There many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.1 Oreo. This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time
This “Google Play Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.1 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.1 Oreo (Lineage OS 15.1.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.Now proceed To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On HTC One M8.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download Lineage OS 15.1 For HTC One M8
- Lineage OS 15.1 For HTC One M8 | Development Page
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.1 (If you want root access)
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Android 8.1 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
Steps To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On HTC One M8 | Android 8.1 Oreo Update (Lineage OS 15.1 For HTC One M8)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.