Here we are sharing full List Of Best Custom ROMs For Moto G7. If you are searching for the custom ROMs available for Moto G7, then we have got you covered here. All the latest Custom ROMs are now listed below. These Custom ROMs are based on Android Pie and Oreo. You can download and install these ROMs following linked guides. Before flashing the ROMs please check whether it is a stable build or beta. If the ROM is stable you can use that as a daily driver.
About Moto G7
Moto G7 has a large 6.20-inches display (1080 x 2270 pixels). It is powered by Octa-core 1.8 GHz Qualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 632 CPU coupled with 4GB of RAM. It has 64GB internal memory (expandable up to 1 TB via microSD card). The Moto G7 sports a Dual 12 MP (f/1.8) + 5 MP (f/2.2) rear and 8MP front camera with LED flash.
It is a dual sim device. It has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner which is really fast. The device comes with Android 9.0 Pie out of the box. It houses a Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery with support of Fast battery charging (15W).
There are tons of things which users can do after rooting their device like flashing Custom ROMs, kernels and Mods. Most of the Custom ROMs are feature rich. They provide loads of customisation options compared to the Stock ROM. Some of the Custom ROMs are well optimised for battery and performance. So, users are always in search of good custom ROMs for their Android smartphones.
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by HTC or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third-party ROMs like Lineage Os 14.1 or 15. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing a few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
1) Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
2) Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
3) Make sure your device is rooted and have a custom recovery like TWRP installed.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
Best Custom ROMs For Moto G7 (Oreo and Pie)
How To Install Custom ROMs On Moto G7
- Make sure your device is rooted and have a Custom Recovery installed.
- First, download the desire Custom ROM from above and save it in your device’s sd card
- Now download the GApps file from the link given below and save it in your device’s sd card
- For Android Pie ROMs: Download MindTheGapps 9.0 For Android Pie 9.0 ROMs
- For Android Oreo ROMs: Download Latest Gapps For Android Oreo | Android 8.0 GApps
- For Android Nougat ROMs: Download GApps For Android 7.0/7.1/7.1.2 Nougat
- For Android Marshmallow ROMs: Download Official GApps For Android Marshmallow 6.0 /6.0.1
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into the ROM.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram