If you are a Moto G7 user and want to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Moto G7, then we have got you covered in this guide. We will be sharing all the required steps to get Moto G7 rooted. This is a very simple and easy process to follow. Just make sure to go through all the steps properly.
The Moto G7 is the latest device in the Moto G Lineup. It is the successor to the very popular Moto G6 of last year. The device comes equipped with a 6.20-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2270 pixels. The device is powered by Octa-core 1.8 GHz Qualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 632 CPU coupled with 4GB of RAM. It has 64GB internal memory (expandable up to 1 TB via microSD card). The Moto G7 sports a Dual 12 MP (f/1.8) + 5 MP (f/2.2) rear and 8MP front camera with LED flash.
It is a dual sim device. It has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner which is really fast. The device comes with Android 9.0 Pie out of the box. It houses a Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery with support of Fast battery charging (15W).
Process Of Rooting
If you are new to rooting, then you should know that Unlocking bootloader of an android device is the first and most important step in the Android rooting process. First users have to unlock the bootloader, then they can install TWRP recovery via Commands. Once TWRP is installed, root can be gained by flashing the supersu or magisk via TWRP.
Motorola devices are very popular among the developers. The Moto G6 and Moto G6 Plus have received a working TWRP recovery file, which means users can gain root access on their Moto G7 by flashing SuperSu or Magisk via TWRP recovery. This is really great news for power users like us. If you are interested, then follow the guide to Install TWRP and Root Moto G7.
If you want to root your device without PC or Laptop using one click root tools, then you can follow our guide linked below
If you are new to TWRP recovery and rooting then here we first share some facts about Android rooting.
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device. You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running plus grams as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android. It is the most popular Android custom recovery. It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices. It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery. It needs the bootloader to be unlocked. If your bootloader is locked then you have to unlock it. The guide is given below.
- Download Moto AIO Tool: Flash Stock ROM, TWRP, Unlock/Relock Bootloader and Root Motorola Devices
- Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool: Unlock Bootloader Of Xiaomi Devices
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Huawei Devices
Some Of the benefits Of Having TWRP Recovery
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk. This will void the warranty of your device.
- Make sure battery percentage is more than 60%
- Make sure you have installed USB Drives on your PC.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer. Guide Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option. Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
- Create a nandroid backup on your device How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
How To Install TWRP and Root Moto G7
First of all, the user has to unlock the bootloader of the device. After that he/she can install TWRP recovery on Moto G7.
Step 1: Unlock Bootloader On Moto G7
We have done a dedicated post bootloader unlocking of Moto G7. Follow the guide linked below.
| Guide: How to Unlock Bootloader of Moto G7
Step 2: Install TWRP Recovery On Moto G7
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
- Check out the Pre-Requirement Section above (Important)
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked. Check out the link given above to unlock the bootloader if you haven’t done it yet
- First of all, make sure you have followed each and every step mentioned in the pre-requisites section
- After that, you have to download the TWRP Recovery and transfer it to the Fastboot folder
- Download twrp-3.3.0-0-river.img
- Now open a command window inside that folder. To do that, “Shift + Right click” on any empty white space inside the folder and then select “Open command window here” from the context menu.
Note: ADB folder will be created automatically when you install the ADB and fastboot (Check Pre-requirement section
- Connect your device to the PC. And type the following into the command window we opened in step 4 above to boot your device into bootloader/fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
└ If your asks for permission to “Allow USB debugging”, tap OK.
- Once your device boots into bootloader mode, issue the following command into command window to flash the TWRP recovery .img file:
fastboot boot twrp-3.3.0-0-river.img
- Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, issue the following command to reboot:
Done!!! Now you should have TWRP on your device
Step 3: Root Moto G7
Using Magisk To Root Moto G7
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device.
How To Unroot Moto G7
- You have to flash the stock official firmware to unroot your device completely.
That’s it. Your Cloudfone Thrill Plus has been rooted successfully. Keep reading roomygalaxy for more news and updates.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.