Download and Install Magisk on Android Device [Universal Systemless Interface for Android]: With every update which Google is releasing, Android is becoming more secure where google indirectly challenging developers to gain root access on Android devices.
While Chainfire’s system less rooting with SuperSU is one of the best and easiest ways to root an Android device. Magisk allows users to root their Android devices without modifying system partition, allowing users to install OTA updates even after the device is rooted. Magisk is far better than SuperSU in many aspects. While SuperSU only grants or denies root permissions for particular apps but magisk can hide the root from an app completely, for example, the banking app and game like Pokemon GO will not work on rooted devices but they will work if you are using Magisk.
You can alter your Android Device systemless-ly with Magisk. Where you can install different types of modules along with STOCK ROM and uninstall it whenever you don’t need them. Thanks to developer topjohnwu who developed Magisk on Android Devices, where users can install custom MODs without modifying system files.
- 100% fully open source and easy to build!
- Magic Mount:
Allow you to do any system (vendor) modification without actually tampering the partitions.
- MagiskSU: Open Source Root Solution
Root your device with MagiskSU, based on phh’s Superuser, which is based on CM Superuser.
- Magisk Manager:
MagiskSU Root Management, Install / Upgrade Magisk in-app,
Manage, Upgrade, Download, Install Magisk Modules within a few taps.
- Magisk Hide:
Hide Magisk from detection, including SafetyNet, which is used in Android Pay, Pokemon GO etc.
Allow you to do any modifications to system props (build.prop), including read-only props.
- Multiple Entry Points:
Provide several entry points to developers, reliably pausing the boot process before everything is done.
Include post-fs (cache) mode, which happens even earlier than data is mounted (used to replace Boot Animation etc.)
- Standard Stuff:
Remove dm-verity, forencrypt; includes a super complete busybox to guarantee consistent behavior, and can also be toggled to be used universally.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your device are installed on the PC.
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shutdown between the process.
- Download Magisk-v13.1.zip (Always check the latest update from Official Forum for magisk and magisk manger)
- Download Magisk Uninstaller – Download
- Download Latest Magisk and Magisk Manger
Steps to Install Magisk on your Android Device
- Download the Magisk Module zip file from above and transfer the file to your device.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery. Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Once done, go back to TWRP main menu, tap on “Install” and select Magisk Module (zip file) that you transferred to your device in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen to begin the installation process.
(This may take some time as it is a fresh flashing process).
- Once the zip is successfully installed, go to “Wipe cache/Dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on the bottom of the screen.
- Once done, reboot your device from the TWRP main menu
Hope you fount this article helpful. If you have queries let us know in the comment section below.