Full List Of Best Android Custom ROMs For HTC 10 | Android Oreo (8.0/8.1) and Android Nougat 7.1.2 ROMs: Flashing a new ROM can be good in terms of updating and improving your user experience as most of the Custom ROMs include some features which are not included in your device ‘s stock firmware. Yes, custom ROMs are basically built for making improvements in device, by using a custom ROM you can customize or upgrade your smartphone and can unlock things which are not made for your device like if you want to install fun touch os on your device then custom ROMs can help you as they are built on public popular features. Here we are sharing some of the Best Android Custom ROMs For HTC 10
Custom ROMs are developed safely and it can be used without causing any serious issues even installing them is so simple that anyone can do that, so installing a custom ROM can be beneficial for you as well as your device. Sometimes a custom ROM might contain bugs but they are resolved by the developer sooner or later. Since it’s the best way to keep your device up to date so, we all must try them.
The best thing about Google’s Android is Customization. There are loads of thing you can do with android which other mobile operating systems don’t allow to modify. Android users can root their devices which allows them to modify the system. Users can install Custom Recoveries and kernels. After installing Custom Recovery users can install Custom ROMs.Below we have shared the Full List Of Custom ROMs Available For HTC 10
About HTC 10
- 1 About HTC 10
- 1.1 What is Custom ROMs On Android?
- 1.2 Benefits Of Custom ROMs
- 1.3 Pre-Requirements:
- 1.4 DISCLAIMER
- 2 List of Best Custom ROMs For HTC 10 (Oreo and Nougat)
- 3 How To Install Custom ROMs On HTC 10
HTC 10 was released in 2016 and was one of the major devices of HTC that year. The device features a 5.20-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2560 pixels. The HTC 10 runs Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box. It is powered by 1.6GHz quad-core processor coupled with 4GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 2000GB via a microSD card. The HTC 10 packs a 12-Ultrapixel rear side camera and a 5-megapixel front camera. The HTC 10 houses a 3000mAh non-removable battery.
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by HTC or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third-party ROMs like Lineage Os 14.1 or 15. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
1) Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
If your bootloader is locked then check out the guide here > How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot. Some devices like and Huawei phones need a unlock code.
- Download Moto AIO Tool: Flash Stock ROM, TWRP, Unlock/Relock Bootloader and Root Motorola Devices
- Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool: Unlock Bootloader Of Devices
- How To Unlock Bootloader On HTC Devices
2) Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
3) Make sure your device is rooted and have a custom recovery like TWRP Installed.
- How To Download Latest TWRP Recovery On Any Android
- How To Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur on your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
List of Best Custom ROMs For HTC 10 (Oreo and Nougat)
Android 8.1 Oreo ROMs
Older Android ROMs
writing is going on…
How To Install Custom ROMs On HTC 10
- Make sure your device is rooted and have a Custom Recovery installed.
- First, download the desire Custom ROM from above and save it in your device’s sd card
- Now download the GApps file from the link given below and save it in your device’s sd card
- For Android Oreo ROMs: Download Latest Gapps For Android Oreo | Android 8.0 GApps
- For Android Nougat ROMs: Download GApps For Android 7.0/7.1/7.1.2 Nougat
- For Android Marshmallow ROMs: Download Official GApps For Android Marshmallow 6.0 /6.0.1
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into the ROM.