How To Install TWRP and Root AT&T Galaxy J3 2016 (SM-J320A/j3xlteatt): Here we will give you all the information you need to know before you start with the rooting. We will also be giving you the answers to the most frequently asked questions about rooting. The available recovery is compatible with AT&T Galaxy J3 2016 (SM-J320A/j3xlteatt) variant of the device. The Recovery is around 9.1 MB. The TWRP recovery file name is TWRP-3.2.1-j3xlteatt-20180606.img
If you happen to be an AT&T Galaxy J3 2016 user who has wanted to root their device for quite some time then this post is the best place for you to be. Here, we will give you all the basic information you need to have before you begin to root your device. We will also give you the answers to the frequently asked questions like What is rooting? How do you root an Android device? What benefits does rooting have?
There have been misconceptions regarding rooting but we are here to quash all such misconceptions. In reality, rooting is an extremely simple and safe task that can easily be performed by anyone be it a programmer, developer, or even a casual Android user given they know the proper steps. Today, in this post, we are going to discuss rooting and how you can easily root your Galaxy J3 2016 and install TWRP Recovery. Once you have gained root access, you will have an abundance of options to tinker with the settings, play with the settings, get rid of the bloatware, optimize the battery, install custom ROMs, and more.
If you happen to be a Galaxy J3 2016 user and you have been looking for a way using which you can easily root your device, then you are in the best place right now. In this post, we will be giving you a complete guide to rooting and how you can root your Galaxy J3 2016. We will also be giving you the answers to the most frequently asked questions such as what is rooting, is rooting safe, what are the benefits of rooting, and more.
If you are new to TWRP recovery and rooting then here we first share some facts about Android rooting.[mks_pullquote align=”left” width=”760″ size=”20″ bg_color=”#5a5fe8″ txt_color=”#ffffff”]
New Android 9.0 Pie ROMs
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device. You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android. It is the most popular Android custom recovery. It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices. It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery. It needs the bootloader to be unlocked.
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk. This will void the warranty of your device.
- Make sure battery percentage is more than 60%
- Make sure you have installed USB Drives on your PC.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer. Guide Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option. Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
- Take a full backup of your device’s data
→ Full Guide to safely root Galaxy J3 2016 and Install TWRP Recovery
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
Guide: Root and Install TWRP Recovery On AT&T Galaxy J3 2016
If you want to root your device then you have to install TWRP via Odin then you can flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get root access. We recommend Magisk method
Unlock Bootloader On Galaxy J3 2016
Follow the linked guide to unlock your device’s bootloader
How To Unlock AT&T Galaxy J3 2016 Bootloader (Same for all galaxy devices)
Installing TWRP On Galaxy J3 2016
- Download & install Odin Flash tool on your PC
- Make Sure AT&T USB Drivers are installed on your PC.
- Download the TWRP File For your device
- TWRP for AT&T Galaxy J3 2016 (v3.2.1) || Credit: kirito9
- Now Follow this guide to Flash TWRP Recovery On Galaxy J3 2016
How to Root AT&T Galaxy J3 2016
After Installing the TWRP recovery on your device, you can boot into TWRP recovery by following the linked guide.Then you can flash the Supersu or Magisk to get root access on your device.
#1 Using SuperSu | Root Galaxy J3 2016 (Not Tested)
- Download the latest Supersu zip (use the supersu from the download section)
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access.
#2 Using Magisk | Root Galaxy J3 2016 (Recomended)
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device
- Done!! This will Root AT&T Galaxy J3 2016 successfully
Hope you enjoy reading this article keep visiting us for such amazing updates your smartphone, If you have any queries please leave that in the comment section we will try to reach you as soon as possible.
Thank You For Visiting US!!!!!
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.