Now Moto G4 Play users can enjoy Android 8.1 Oreo by installing Pixel Experience Oreo ROM On Moto G4 Play: The Moto G4 Play was released in 2016. It was a mid-range device from Lenovo (Moto) For last year. It features a 5-inch touchscreen Full HD display. The device is powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. It comes with 16GB of internal storage (Expandable up to 128GB via a microSD card). It sports an 8 MP main camera on the back and a 5 MP front camera. The Moto G4 Play runs Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box and houses a 2800 mAh removable battery
Now, we have mentioned above that the Moto G4 series has been ended by the company and we have not seen any smartphone released this year in this series also. Thus, the update for the Moto G4 Play should not be expected any more and the device has also been abandoned unofficially. However, the smartphone was launched as a developer-friendly device and thus there are various custom ROM that is available for the device and we have seen that the Android 7.1 Nougat and even the Android 8.0 Oreo update is available for the smartphone. Now, there is more good news for the users of the Moto G4 Play as one new ROM is available for the smartphone which comes with the latest Android update and it is Android 8.1 Oreo. If you want then you can install Pixel Experience Oreo ROM On Moto G4 Play (Android 8.1)
Now, the Android 8.1 Oreo version can be installed on the smartphone via the Pixel Experience ROM which is a custom ROM that is very close to stock and it is based on AOSP. Talking about the Android 8.1 Oreo update for Android, this version has not been released by Google yet and the Developer preview of the update has been rolled out by Google with its final release set for the end of 2017 which is just a few days away from now.
We like to thanks @ki, Senior Member over Xda for developing and sharing the Android 8.1 Oreo-based Pixel Experience ROM For Moto G4 Play. According to the developer, the ROM is very stable and can be used as daily driver. Now follow the guide to Install Pixel Experience Oreo ROM On Moto G4 Play (Android 8.1)
Full ROMs List: Full List Of Best Custom ROMs For Moto G4 Play (Oreo and Nougat)
GPS works partially
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.Now proceed To Install Pixel Experience Oreo ROM On your Moto
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
- Download the Android 8.1 Pixel Experience Oreo ROM (Follow the Development page For latest build)
- Download Official GApps For Pixel Experience Oreo ROM ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
Steps To Install Pixel Experience Oreo ROM On Moto G4 Play | Android 8.1 Oreo Update
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.1
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.