Step-By-Step Guide to Root Asus Zenfone 5 Lite (5Q) and Install TWRP Recovery: Finally a working TWRP recovery is made available for Asus Zenfone 5 Lite a.k.a Zenfone 5Q. This ensures that the device can be rooted by flashing supersu or magisk via TWRP recovery. Here we will be sharing the rooting guide of the device.
Asus Zenfone 5 comes equipped with a 6.0-inch display (1080 x 2160 pixels resolution). It is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 CPU Coupled with 3/4GB of RAM and 32/64GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 400GB via a microSD card. The Asus Zenfone 5 Lite (ZC600KL) comes with Android 7.0 Nougat and houses a 3300mAh non-removable battery. The Asus Zenfone 5 Lite (ZC600KL) sports a Dual 16-MP rear side camera and a Dual 20-MP front camera.
If you have never rooted your device as you thought rooting is highly complex and unsafe, then all your misconceptions will be quashed in this post. Today, in this post, we are going to tell you all about rooting and how you can root your Asus Zenfone 5 Lite (5Q) after installing TWRP. Once you have rooted your device, you will have opened up a whole new array of features which will help you play with the interface, make changes to the settings, get rid of the bloatware, upgrade/downgrade the firmware, and more.
If you are new to TWRP recovery and rooting then here we first share some facts about Android rooting.
- Lineage OS 16 (Android 9.0 Pie) Devices List
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
- 0.1 What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
- 0.2 What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
- 0.3 Warning
- 0.4 Pre-Requisites
- 1 How To Root Asus Zenfone 5 Lite (5Q) and Install TWRP Recovery (ZC600KL)
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device. You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android.It is the most popular Android custom recovery.It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices.It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery.
Some Of the benefits Of Having TWRP Recovery
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP recovery.
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Enable USB Debugging. Guide > How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
How To Root Asus Zenfone 5 Lite (5Q) and Install TWRP Recovery (ZC600KL)
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Asus Zenfone 5 Lite (5Q)
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
- Check out the Pre-Requirement Section above (Important)
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.Check out the link given above to unlock the bootloader if you haven’t done it yet
- Now download the TWRP Recovery For Asus Zenfone 5 Lite (5Q)
- Now follow the given guide to Install TWRP Recovery On Asus Zenfone 5 Lite (5Q)
How to Root Asus Zenfone 5 Lite (5Q)
After Installing the TWRP recovery on your device, you can boot into TWRP recovery by following the linked guide.Then you can flash the Supersu or Magisk to get root access on your device.
#1 Using SuperSu (Root Asus Zenfone 5 Lite (5Q) )
- Download the latest zip
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
#2 Using Magisk (Root Asus Zenfone 5 Lite (5Q) )
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device
- Done!! This will Root Asus Zenfone 5 Lite (5Q) successfully
Hope you enjoy reading this article keep visiting us for such amazing updates your smartphone, If you have any queries please leave that in the comment section we will try to reach you as soon as possible.
Thank You For Visiting US!!!!!