Finally Rooting Essential PH-1 (Mata) is now possible.A working TWRP Recovery is now available for Essential Phone.If you own a Essential PH-1 and looking for a rooting guide, then we have got you covered.Here we will be sharing How To Unlock Bootloader On Essential Phone and a Guide To Root and Install TWRP recovery On Essential Phone.
The Essential PH-1 comes with a large 5.71 inches AMOLED display.The display is of pixel 1312 x 2560 resolution.The device is powered by the Snapdragon 835 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The Essential Phone comes with 128 GB internal storage.The PH-1 sports Dual 13-megapixels and 8 megapixels front camera for a selfie.The Essential Phone runs on the Android 7.0 Nougat out of the Box and will get the Oreo update very soon.It houses a Non-removable Li-Ion 3040 mAh battery.
Thanks to bmg1001, Senior Member over Xda, we can now easily install TWRP recovery on Essential Phone and after that we can root it by flashing Magisk root package.Follow the steps carefully to Install TWRP Recovery and root Essential Phone with Magisk.
Rooting Essential Phone gives you additional benefits like you can install special apps, flash custom ROMs, you can streamline your phone performance and many extra features. The real performance of an Android smartphone can only be unlocked once it is rooted. Rooting your Essential Phone, lets the user flash different Custom MODs, ROMs, and such stuff onto the device.
Now here we come with a full working guide on how to install TWRP Recovery and Root Essential Phone . While rooting you have to be very careful and proceed with great caution, anything wrongs you may get your device bricked.
If you want to root your device without PC or Laptop using one click root tools, then you can follow our guide linked below
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- [Current Status] Xposed For Android 8.0 Oreo
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits:
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android.It is the most popular Android custom recovery.It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices.It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery.It needs the bootoader to be unlocked.
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP recovery.
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure battery percentage is more than 60%
- Make sure you have installed USB Drives on your PC.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer.Guide Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option.Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
- Create a nandroid backup on your device [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
→ Full Guide to safely Root Huawei GR5 2017 and Install TWRP Recovery
Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root Essential Phone (PH-1)
#1 Unlock Bootloader On Essential Phone (PH-1)
If your bootloader is locked then check out the guide here > How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot.Some devices like Xiaomi and Huawei phones need a unlock code.
#2 How To Install TWRP Recovery On Essential Phone
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
- Check out the Pre-Requirement Section above (Important)
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.Check out the link given above to unlock the bootloader if you haven’t done it yet
- Now download the TWRP Recovery/Mirror For Essential Phone
- Now follow the given guide to Install TWRP Recovery On Essential Phone
#3 Root Essential Phone Using Magisk
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device
Note: Images used in this post are not owned by us, these are properties of respective owner.