Here in this guide we will go through the procedure to Root Galaxy Tab S6 (SM-T860/T865) and Install TWRP Recovery, so if you are interested then follow each and every step without skipping any. Here we will be using TWRP recovery and Magisk zip to gain root access.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 (SM-T860/T865) has just received TWRP recoveries (Both official and Unofficial). We recommend users to go with the official TWRP recovery files. If for some reason that don’t work you can try out the unofficial TWRP recoveries which will be linked below.
What is Rooting?
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device. You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install the latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) on older devices by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
TWRP Recovery and its benefits
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android. It is the most popular Android custom recovery. It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices. It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery. It needs the bootloader to be unlocked. If your bootloader is locked then check out the guide here > How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot.
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create Nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk. This will void the warranty of your device.
Official TWRP for Galaxy Tab S6
Unofficial TWRP for Galaxy Tab S6
- Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_10.20.2019.zip (Credit: Zackptg5)
- Make sure the battery percentage is more than 60%
- Make sure you have installed USB Drives on your PC.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer. Guide Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option. Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
- Create a Nandroid backup on your device How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
Guide: Root and Install TWRP Recovery On Galaxy Tab S6 (SM-T860/T865)
If you want to root your device then you have to install TWRP via Odin then you can flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get root access. We recommend Magisk method
Installing TWRP On Galaxy Tab S6 (SM-T860/T865)
- Download & install Odin Flash tool on your PC
- Make Sure Samsung USB Drivers are installed on your PC.
- Download the TWRP File For your device
- Now follow this guide to Flash TWRP Recovery OnGalaxy Tab S6 (SM-T860/T865)
Flash WETA Kernel and Encryption Disabler with TWRP
- Once TWRP is installed, boot your device into TWRP recovery
- Now download the WETA Kernel and Encryption Disabaler from the download section
- Now Go To Install and flash these files
- Then Wipe the device data from TWRP recovery
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 (SM-T860/T865)
After Installing the TWRP recovery on your device, you can boot into TWRP recovery by following the linked guide. Then you can flash the Supersu or Magisk to get root access on your device.[symple_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/different-ways-to-boot-into-android-recovery-mode/” color=”black” size=”default” border_radius=”7px” target=”self” rel=”” icon_left=”” icon_right=””]How to Boot into Recovery Mode on Android[/symple_button]
#1 Using SuperSu | Root Galaxy Tab S6 (SM-T860/T865)
- Download the latest zip (use the supersu from the download section)
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
#2 Using Magisk | Root Galaxy Tab S6 (SM-T860/T865) (Recommended)
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device
- Done!! This will Root Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 (SM-T860/T865) easily.
The method of rooting Tab s6 is very different from rooting other devices. It has loads of stages, so follow all the steps carefully and your device will be rooted within 15 minutes. Always keep a backup of your device’s data.
If you have any queries please leave that in the comment section.