Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime/Redmi Y1: Xiaomi launched another great device with trending specifications Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime/Redmi Y1. It comes with 5.5-inch display with 720×1280 resolution at 320 PPI, 16 MP Primary camera, and 13 MP front-facing camera powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 with 2/4 GB of RAM and 3080 mAh battery. Redmi Note 5A Prime/Redmi Y1 comes with MIUI 8 based on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box.
In this guide, we will have a walkthrough and all necessary steps to how to install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime/Redmi Y1. Rooting Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime/Redmi Y1 lets you gain privileged control over various Android hidden features. You can customize anything on your device. Rooting your device allows you to remove all the restrictions applied by the manufacturer.
Rooting Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime/Redmi Y1 gives you additional benefits like you can install special apps, flash custom ROMs, you can streamline your phone performance and many extra features. The real performance of an Android smartphone can only be unlocked once it is rooted. Rooting your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime/Redmi Y1, lets the user flash different Custom MODs, ROMs, and such stuff onto the device.
Now here we come with a full working guide on how to install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime/Redmi Y1. While rooting you have to be very careful and proceed with great caution, anything wrongs you may get your device bricked.
If you want to root your device without PC or Laptop using one click root tools, then you can follow our guide linked below
If you are new to TWRP recovery and rooting then here we first share some facts about Android rooting.
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
- 1 What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
- 2 What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
- 3 WARNING
- 4 PRE-REQUIREMENTS
- 5 How To Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime/Redmi Y1 | Both SuperSu and Magisk
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device.You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device.You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance.You can hibernate any app you want.You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android.It is the most popular Android custom recovery.It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices.It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery.It needs the bootloader to be unlocked.If your bootloader is locked then check out the guide here > How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot.Some devices like Xiaomi and Huawei phones need a unlock code.
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP recovery.
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure battery percentage is more than 60%
- Make sure you have installed USB Drives on your PC.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer.Guide Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option.Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
- Create a nandroid backup on your device How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
→ Full Guide to safely root Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime/Redmi Y1 and Install TWRP Recovery
How To Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime/Redmi Y1 | Both SuperSu and Magisk
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
Steps To Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime/Redmi Y1
- Check out the Pre-Requirement Section above (Important)
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.Check out the link given above to unlock the bootloader if you haven’t done it yet
- Now download the TWRP Recovery For Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime/Redmi Y1.
- Now follow the given guide to Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime/Redmi Y1.
Steps To Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime/Redmi Y1
#1 Using SuperSu To Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime/Redmi Y1
- Download the TWRP img
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
#2 Using Magisk To Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime/Redmi Y1
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device.
That’s it. Your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime/Redmi Y1 has been rooted successfully. Keep reading roomygalaxy for more news and updates.