How To Root ZTE Axon 7 Mini and Install TWRP Recovery: After Nubia series now all the Axon series devices have received a working TWRP recovery.Now ZTE Axon 7 Mini which was the smaller brother of very popular ZTE Axon 7, has started getting a TWRP recovery which means now the device can be rooted.
Here we will be sharing with you all the important information regarding rooting and all about its benefits. We will also be giving a step-by-step guide to help you root your device within no time.Now, there are many advantages of a phone like the ZTE Axon 7 Mini which has an openable bootloader which means that the smartphone can be rooted easily and the TWRP recovery or any custom recovery can be installed on your phone. Now, we have attached a method below so that you can install TWRP recovery on ZTE Axon 7 Mini and root it by installing SuperSu root pack
If you have never rooted your device as you thought rooting is highly complex and unsafe, then all your misconceptions will be quashed in this post. Today, in this post, we are going to tell you all about rooting and how you can root your ZTE Axon 7 Mini after installing TWRP. Once you have rooted your device, you will have opened up a whole new array of features which will help you play with the interface, make changes to the settings, get rid of the bloatware, upgrade/downgrade the firmware, and more.
If you are new to TWRP recovery and rooting then here we first share some facts about Android rooting.
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device.You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as adMinistrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device.You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third-party ROMs like Lineage OS 15.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance.You can hibernate any app you want.You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android.It is the most popular Android custom recovery.It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices.It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery.
Some Of the benefits Of Having TWRP Recovery
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP recovery.
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Enable USB Debugging.Guide > How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
How To Root ZTE Axon 7 Mini and Install TWRP Recovery
How To Install TWRP Recovery On ZTE Axon 7 Mini (Tuliptool)
- Download the tuliptool.zip file and Extract the package.
If you are using windows (32/64)
- Download zadig.
- Connect your device in EDL mode (see below).
- Windows will want to install the Qualcomm USB driver. We won’t be using it so you can cancel if you wish, but it won’t hurt anything.
- Run zadig. Find device 05c6:9008 and install the WinUSB driver for it.
- Disconnect the device.
For Mac users no setup necessary
- Now Download Recovery File from this Xda Thread
- Now connect via EDL Mode
This should work for all models, but you need adb access.
adb reboot edl
Via key combo
If you have a US model device (or the aboot from a US model device) you may use the key combo:
- Power off and unplug the device.
- Hold both volume buttons.
- Plug device into your PC.
- Wait about 3 seconds and release the buttons.
Note: There will be no feedback on the device — no lights, no vibration, nothing. The only way to verify that the device is in EDL mode is that device 05c6:9008 is visible on the PC.
After some testing, it appears that the Axon 7 Mini is not locked in any way. In other words, unlocking seems to be completely unnecessary. This section is mostly provided for completeness.
tuliptool lock status
tuliptool lock unlock
tuliptool lock lock
Usage: reading boot/recovery
Note command line options have changed
tuliptool read boot
tuliptool read recovery
Usage: writing boot/recovery
Note command line options have changed
[I]tuliptool write boot <filename>/I] tuliptool write recovery <filename>
So, for example, to write a TWRP image, run:
tuliptool write recovery tulip-twrp-7.1-r1.img.
This is a “one shot” tool. After performing an operation, it will reset the device with a 5 second countdown. If you wish do perform multiple operations (eg. backup, unlock, flash), simply hold down the volume buttons while the device resets and it should go back to EDL mode.
How to Root ZTE Axon 7 Mini
After Installing the TWRP recovery on your device, you can boot into TWRP recovery by following the linked guide.Then you can flash the Supersu or Magisk to get root access on your device.
#1 Using SuperSu (Root ZTE Axon 7 Mini )
- Download the latest zip
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
#2 Using Magisk (Root ZTE Axon 7 Mini )
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device
- Done!! This will Root ZTE Axon 7 Mini successfully
Hope you enjoy reading this article keep visiting us for such amazing updates your smartphone, If you have any queries please leave that in the comment section we will try to reach you as soon as possible.
Thank You For Visiting US!!!!!
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.