Download/Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Galaxy Note 4 (Android 8.1 Oreo): Galaxy Note 4 was the successor of Galaxy Note 3 was the flagship device of Samsung that year.It comes with all the high end specifications and features.It was the best phone of that year.Now its an old device which means official updates won’t come to the phone, but the good thing about android phones is availability of Custom ROMs.With the help of custom roms (Lineage OS 15.1) users can Update Galaxy Note 4 to Android 8.1 Oreo (latest).Previously we have done a post on Lineage OS 15 for Galaxy Note 4.You can read that here > When Lineage OS 15 For Galaxy Note 4 (Android 8.0) Will Be Available?
Have you ever tried to root your device? Have you ever tried to install a custom ROM on your device? Have you failed because of not knowing the proper steps? If the answer to these questions is a half-hearted yes, then it will become a whole-hearted yes today. Today, in this post, we are going to talk about Lineage OS 15.1 and how all the Galaxy Note 4 users can easily install it on their devices. As most of you might know, custom ROMs are one of the most powerful tools that can be added to an Android device. Lineage OS is one of the most popular custom ROMs in the Android market today. Time and time again it has managed to release some of the best custom ROMs with some amazing features. Lineage OS 15.1 is based on the Android 8.1 Oreo source code and it not only comes with all the best features of Oreo, but it also comes with a lot of amazing additional features.
If you are a Galaxy Note 4 user who has been looking for guides which will help you install Lineage OS 15.1 on your device, then your search is finally over. In this post, we will be helping you install this custom ROM by first giving you all the important information related to it, and then by giving you a step-by-step guide to finish the task.
If you are new to the term “Custom ROMs” then you have to know what Custom ROM means, What are the benefits of using Custom ROMs.
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
- [Download Links Added] Official Lineage OS 15.1.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official Lineage OS 15.1 On Galaxy Note 4.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download Lineage OS 15.1 For GALAXY Note 4
- Lineage OS 15.1 ROM (Galaxy Note 4) | Credit: micky387
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 (If you want root access)
Steps To Install Official Lineage OS 15.1 On GALAXY Note 4 | Android 8.1 Oreo Update
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.