Download and Install dotOS 2.3 With Android P Look On ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini (nx511j): Have you ever wondered if you could find a way which will make the performance of your device better? If yes, then we are here with an amazing solution for you. Today, we will give you that solution and it is……… Custom ROMs. Yes, custom ROMs can help you improve your device’s performance by multiple folds. There are a number of custom ROMs in the Android market like Resurrection Remix, Viper OS, Lineage OS, and more that you can try. But today, we will be talking about dotOS 2.3 and how you can easily install this exceptional custom ROM on your ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini (nx511j). This custom ROM is based on the source code of Android 8.1 Oreo and it comes with a lot of exciting features.
ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini (5x11j) comes with a 5.0-inch IPS display screen with full HD resolution of 1920x1080p, Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615 chipset, Octa-Core processor, Adreno 405 GPU, 2 GB RAM, 16 GB ROM storage capacity, and 2900mAh battery. It comes with Android 5.0.2 Lollipop out of the box, and its other features include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.0, a 16.0 MP primary camera, an 8.0 MP secondary, GPS, GLONASS, and more.
If you happen to be a ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini (nx511j) user who is looking to install the latest version of dotOS on their device, then this post will be very useful for you. In this post, we will be sharing with you an elaborate guide which will not only contain the instruction manual on how to install this update but we will also give you all the basic information which you must know before you root your device and install a custom ROM.
Android is the most used and popular mobile operating system in the world. There are more thousands and thousands of manufacturers which are making Android devices. The popularity of Android OS is because of the freedom of customization it offers. Unlike iOS, everything on an Android device (software related) can easily be modified to match users taste.
Android users can root their device easily and can install TWRP or any other recovery. The rooting process on Android is easier compared to iOS. Once custom recovery is installed, users can flash Custom ROMs which are modified Android Operating systems developed by an Android developer or a group of developers. There are tons of things which users can do after rooting their device like flashing Custom ROMs, kernels and Mods. Most of the Custom ROMs are feature rich. They provide loads of customization options compared to the Stock ROM. Some of the Custom ROMs are well optimized for battery and performance. So, users are always in search of good custom ROMs for their Android smartphones.
| Note: The ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo but comes with Android P system theme and features.
What’s New In dotOS 2.3
- Redesigned settings and QS panel
- Full OMS support
- Colour Engine Support
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third party ROMs like EXTENDED or 15. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
[su_heading size=”18″ align=”left” class=”Bold”]Related Posts[/su_heading]
- List Of Android Devices Getting Lineage OS 16 (Android 9.0 P)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install DotOS Oreo On ZTE NUBIA Z9 MINI (NX511J).
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download dotOS 2.3 With Android P Look
[su_button url=”https://sourceforge.net/projects/dotos-2-x/files/nx511j/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#f9396c” color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: download” icon_color=”#ffffff” text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]Download Android P Look Like ROM (dotOS 2.3) For ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini(nx511j)[/su_button]
Steps To Install dotOS 2.3 With Android P Look On ZTE Nubia Z9 Mini (nx511j)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Guide: How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into the latest Android
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.
Note: Image and the ROMs shared in this post are properties of team dotOS (www.droidontime.com), we don’t own this