Download and Install MIUI 9 Update On ZTE Nubia M2: Hello guys! Today, in this post, we will be sharing with you all about rooting and custom ROMs, and how you can easily install the MIUI 9 update on your ZTE Nubia M2. Rooting is an extremely easy task which can be easily performed by anyone be it a programmer or a casual Android user given they know proper steps. One of the biggest benefits of rooting is that it allows you to install custom ROMs on your smartphone. Custom ROMs make your device more efficient, flexible, and powerful while giving you total control over your device.
ZTE Nubia M2 sports a 5.5-inch AMOLED capacitive screen with full HD resolution of 1920×1080 pixels, 401 PPI density, and Corning Gorilla Glass protection. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 Octa-Core 2.0GHz Cortex-A53 processor, Adreno 506 GPU, 4 GB RAM, and 64 GB ROM storage capacity. It comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware and a non-removable 3630mAh Li-Po battery. Its other features include a dual 13.0 MP primary camera, a 16.0 MP secondary camera, Wi-Fi, fingerprint sensor, USB Type-C, USB OTG, and more.
This post is especially for all the ZTE Nubia M2 users who are looking to install the MIUI 9 update on their device. In this post, we will be giving you the basics of rooting, custom ROMs, benefits, and more. After that, we will give you a step-by-step guide to help you install this update within no time.
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
- 1 What is Custom ROMs On Android?
- 2 Benefits Of Custom ROMs
- 3 About Android 7.1.2 Nougat (MIUI 9):
- 4 Pre-Requirements
- 5 Disclaimer
- 6 Download MIUI 9 For ZTE Nubia M2
- 7 Steps To Download and Install MIUI 9 Update On ZTE Nubia M2
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third party ROMs like MIUI 9 or 15.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
About Android 7.1.2 Nougat (MIUI 9):
The Android 7.1.2 Nougat Update is an incremental update that which comes with a number of bug fixes and optimizations. All the features from Android 7.0 and 7.1 are available in Android 7.1.2 Nougat. The performance and system stability is much improved with the latest update. One of the silent features introduced in 7.1.2 is fingerprint gestures
- [Download Links Added] Official MIUI 9.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install MIUI 9 ROM On ZTE Nubia M2.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download MIUI 9 For ZTE Nubia M2
- Download The ROM | Credit: forum.gizchina.it
- Download Official GApps For Official MIUI 9 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 (If you want root access)
Steps To Download and Install MIUI 9 Update On ZTE Nubia M2
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into thelatest Android
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.