Download/Install Lineage OS 14.1 on LG V30 (Android 7.1.2 Nougat): Rooting? Sounds like an outrageously difficult task right? But it’s not. Rooting is an extremely simple task that can be performed by anyone who knows the proper steps. A rooted smartphone comes with a lot of options to tinker with the settings, play with the interface and menu, get rid of the bloatware, and most importantly install custom ROMs. Today, in this post, we are going to discuss Lineage OS 14.1 and how it can be downloaded and installed on any LG V30 easily. Lineage OS or previously known as CyanogenMod is easily one of the most popular lines of custom ROMs that have been at the top of its field for quite some time. Year after year they have managed to release some amazing custom ROMs based on the latest Android Operating Systems. The Lineage OS 14.1 is based on Android 7.1.2 and it comes with a lot of additional features which makes it better than the stock firmware.
LG is a brand that is known worldwide for its electronic appliances like TVs, washing machines, refrigerators, and more. In the past few years, they have started releasing Android smartphones and they have not been doing badly at all. Their LV V30 is an excellent device which comes with a long list of features and specifications. It has a 6.0-inch P-OLED capacitive display screen with a resolution of 2880x1440p, a Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 Octa-Core processor, Adreno 540 GPU, 4 GB RAM, 64/128 GB internal storage capacity, and a non-removable 3300mAh Li-Po battery. It runs on Android 7.1.2 Nougat firmware, and its other features include a dual 16.0 MP primary camera, a 5.0 MP secondary camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS, GALILEO, fingerprint scanner, USB 3.1, and more.
If you are an LG V30 user who wants to root their device and install Lineage OS 14.1 on their device, then you are certainly in the correct place. In this post, we will be giving you all the basic information regarding rooting, custom ROMS, the benefits, and more. After that, we will be giving you a step-by-step guide to help you install this custom ROM.
Android is the most used and popular mobile operating system in the world. There are more thousands and thousands of manufacturers which are making Android devices. The popularity of Android OS is because of the freedom of customization it offers. Unlike iOS, everything on an Android device (software related) can easily be modified to match users taste.
Android users can root their device easily and can install TWRP or any other recovery. The rooting process on Android is easier compared to iOS. Once custom recovery is installed, users can flash Custom ROMs which are modified Android Operating systems developed by an Android developer or a group of developers.
Latest Post > [Status] Lineage OS 15.1/Android 8.1 Oreo For LG V30
There are tons of things which users can do after rooting their device like flashing Custom ROMs, kernels and Mods. Most of the Custom ROMs are feature rich. They provide loads of customization options compared to the Stock ROM. Some of the Custom ROMs are well optimized for battery and performance. So, users are always in search of good custom ROMs for their Android smartphones.
- Mobile data
- Cam (pics only)
- sdcard is recognized/mounted
- calls/sms (should work i guess, because data works)
- audio (cant test that in class )
- Brightness change
- Everything i forgot probably
Source: Xda Development Page
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
- 1 What is Custom ROMs On Android?
- 2 Benefits Of Custom ROMs
- 3 Pre-Requirements
- 4 Disclaimer
- 5 Download Lineage OS 14.1 For LG V30
- 6 Steps To Install Lineage OS 14.1 ROM On LG V30 | Android 7.1.2 Nougat Update
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third party ROMs like Lineage Os 14.1 or 15.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
- [Download Links Added] Official Lineage OS 14.1.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Lineage OS 14.1 ROM On LG V30.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download Lineage OS 14.1 For LG V30
- Download The ROM | Credit: SGCMarkus, Senior Member Xda
- Download Official GApps For Official Lineage OS 14.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 (If you want root access)
Steps To Install Lineage OS 14.1 ROM On LG V30 | Android 7.1.2 Nougat Update
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into thelatest Android
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.