Guide: How to Install TWRP Recovery & Root OnePlus 3 using SuperSu (Full Step by Step Tutorial).
OnePlus 3 was released on June 14th, 2016.The phone sports all the high-end features and specification but has a very budget friendly price tag which definitely attracts buyers.Now OnePlus 3 has a full metal body and one of the most important updates is RAM.OnePlus 3 now has 6GB of RAM which is unbelievable.
OnePlus devices offer very clean and fast android experience thanks to its OxygenOS.The Experience is very similar to Nexus devices.OnePlus 3 is one of the most awaited phones of this year so developers already released custom TWRP recovery and SupersuZip file to Root OnePlus 3.We have already posted an article on How to Unlock bootloader of Oneplus 3.
[symple_box color=”gray” fade_in=”false” float=”center” text_align=”left” width=””]Official Update [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] Download and Install Official TWRP 3.0 Recovery On OnePlus 3
Very special thanks to Developer: Grarak over Xda for sharing the recovery file.Now users can easily flash the TWRP recovery file using fastboot commands.Then they can flash the latest SuperSu root file to get root access on OnePlus 3.Donot worry we are going to share step by step guide on How to Install TWRP Recovery & Root OnePlus 3
[su_box title=”Other OnePlus 3 Guides:” box_color=”#090be9″ radius=”2″]
- Warranty may be void of your device if you follow the procedures given on this page. You only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery life
- The TWRP version is not tested yet.
- Setup ADB & Fastboot On your computer.Guide Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Enable Developer option, USB Debugging & OEM Unlock On your Android.Guide How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- Make sure bootloader of OnePlus 3 is unlocked [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How to Unlock bootloader of Oneplus 3 (Important)
How to Install TWRP Recovery & Root OnePlus 3
How to Install TWRP Recovery On OnePlus 3
- First, take a backup of your apps and data.Guide [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How to Backup Important Data On Android (Non rooted users)
- Make sure you have read the Pre-requirement section
- Now make sure bootloader of OnePlus 3 is unlocked [icon name=”hand-o-right” class=”” unprefixed_class=””] How to Unlock bootloader of Oneplus 3 (Important)
- Now download the TWRP Image file for OnePlus 3from the download section and put inside the ADB folder
- Next, connect your device to your computer
- Now follow this guide to Flash / Install TWRP Recovery On OnePlus 3.Guide How to Install TWRP Recovery via Fastboot On Any Android Device
HOW TO ROOT OnePlus 3
- Once TWRP is installed, boot your device
- Again connect it to PC and transfer the SuperSu file to the internal storage and unplug it from the PC
- Now boot the device into recovery mode.Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Once you are in TWRP recovery, flash the SuperSu root Zip to Safely Root OnePlus 3.Guide How To Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device
- Done!!!Your device should be rooted
If you have any question related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section 🙂