Download/Install Android 8.1 Oreo On OnePlus 2 with CarbonROM (cr-6.1): Did you know that a rooted device has the potential to be 10 times more powerful than the same unrooted device? It might sound too good to be true but in fact it is absolutely true. Rooting an Android device is one of the most powerful features present in every Android device. Rooting gives you an abundance of options to tinker with the settings, make changes to the interface, upgrade or downgrade the firmware, and install custom ROMs. Today, we will be talking about CarbonROM (cr-6.1) and how you can easily download it on OnePlus 2 easily. This custom ROM is based on the source code of Android 8.1 Oreo and it comes with not only the features of Oreo firmware but it also has a lot of additional features as well.
OnePlus 2 comes equipped with a 5.5-inch LTPS IPS LCD display screen having a full HD resolution of 1920x1080p, a powerful Qualcomm MSM8994 Snapdragon 810 Octa-Core processor, Adreno 430 GPU, 3/4 GB RAM, 16/64 GB internal storage capacity, and a non-removable 3300mAh Li-Po battery. It comes with Android 5.1 Lollipop firmware (upgradable to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow), and its other features include a 13.0 MP rear camera, a 5.0 MP front camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.1, GPS, USB Type-C, and more.
If you are a OnePlus 2 user who is looking for the perfect guide to help you root your device and install a custom ROM, then you have found your destination. Here, we will be giving you all the important information regarding custom ROM and its benefits. After that, we will be giving you an instruction manual to help you install this custom ROM easily.
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third-party ROMs like CarbonROM (CR-6.1) or Lineage OS 15.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
About Android 7.1.2 Nougat (CarbonROM (CR-6.1)):
The Android 7.1.2 Nougat Update is an incremental update that which comes with a number of bug fixes and optimizations. All the features from Android 7.0 and 7.1 are available in Android 7.1.2 Nougat. The performance and system stability is much improved with the latest update. One of the silent features introduced in 7.1.2 is fingerprint gestures
[su_heading size=”18″ align=”left” class=”Bold”]Related Posts[/su_heading]
- [Download Links Added] Official CarbonROM (CR-6.1) Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/unlock-bootloader-android-using-fastboot-commands/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#000000″ color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link-square” icon_color=”#aaf4a7″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot[/su_button]
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install CarbonROM (CR-6.1) On OnePlus 2.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download CarbonROM (CR-6.1) For OnePlus 2
- Download The ROM | Sorce Credit: Xda
- Download Official GApps For Official CarbonROM (CR-6.1)
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 (If you want root access)
Steps To Install Android 8.1 Oreo On OnePlus 2 with CarbonROM (cr-6.1)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/how-to-create-restore-nandroid-backup-on-android-devices/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#322651″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link” icon_color=”#2fec42″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Create & Restore Nandroid Backup On Android Devices[/su_button]
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/install-a-custom-rom-via-recovery-on-any-android/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#322651″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link” icon_color=”#2fec42″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Install A Custom ROM Via Recovery On Any Android[/su_button]
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/flash-gapps-using-twrp-recovery/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#322651″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link” icon_color=”#2fec42″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Flash GApps (Zip) via TWRP Recovery[/su_button]
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/download-latest-magisk-v13-5/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#322651″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link” icon_color=”#2fec42″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Install Magisk On Android Nougat To Gain Root[/su_button]
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into the latest Android
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.