HMD Global has launched the latest Nokia 7.2 with Android 9 Pie over stock Android One UI out-of-the-box. The handset offers great specifications in its price range and stable performance with good cameras. If you’re already using the device or planning to buy it, this guide is for you. While most of the users use their Android devices normally, some of the advanced users and developers customize it. Android is known for its customization, modding, and flashing custom files, etc. If you’re trying to root your Nokia 7.2 handset easily, then follow this guide. Here we have shared How to Install TWRP and Root Nokia 7.2 using Magisk.
Now, you may ask why to install TWRP. It’s necessary to install TWRP Custom Recovery in order to flash the Magisk zip file for rooting. TWRP offers great stability, it’s easy to install and use, offers plenty of options, and simple UI as well.
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device. You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running plus grams as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install the latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) on older devices by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Enable USB Debugging. Guide > How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- Take a Full backup of your device. If you have TWRP installed on your device, then create a Nandroid backup.
- Keep your device fully charged to proceed.
How to Install TWRP and Root Nokia 7.2
Before installing TWRP Recovery, you will have to unlock the device bootloader at first. It’s recommended.
Unlock the Bootloader Of Nokia 7.2
First You should try rooting tools as they are safe, Root Any Device Without PC: How To Root Any Android Mobile Without PC or Laptop. If this doesn’t work you can try the regular TWRP method.
Disclaimer: There are thousands and thousands of Android devices in the world so it is not possible to test all the TWRP recovery. Here we only share files that are already shared on the internet. So it is recommended to test these at your own risk and to be on the safer side, please keep a backup of your current files.
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
- Check out the Pre-Requirement Section above (Important)
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked. Check out the link given above to unlock the bootloader if you haven’t done it yet
- First of all, make sure you have followed each and every step mentioned in the pre-requisites section
- After that, you have to download the Nokia 7.2 TWRP Recovery || Decryption File: Download
- Once transferred, follow this guide from below to install TWRP recovery on your device
How to Root Nokia 7.2
After Installing the TWRP recovery on your device, you can boot into TWRP recovery by following the linked guide. Then you can flash the Supersu or Magisk to get root access on your device.
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device
- That’s it. You have successfully unlocked the bootloader, install TWRP, and rooted your Nokia 7.2 device.
How To Unroot Nokia 7.2
You have to install the stock firmware to unroot the device completely. Check out the guide.
We hope that this guide is useful to you. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.