Download and Install Lineage OS 15.1 On ZenFone Max Pro M1 (Android 8.1 Oreo): The ZenFone Max Pro M1 is the latest Asus smartphone which is competing against the very popular Redmi Note 5 series devices in the mid-range segment. Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 comes with a 5.99-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2160 pixels. It is powered by octa-core processor coupled with 3GB of RAM. It has 32GB of internal storage (expandable up to 2000GB via a microSD card). The Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 sports a 13-megapixel primary and an 8-megapixel front camera on the rear and front side respectively. The Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 runs Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box and houses a 5000mAh battery.
The ZenFone Max Pro M1 is a mid-range Android smartphone from Asus which was launched in 2018. It runs Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box. Unlike previous Zenfone devices, the new Zenfone Max Pro M1 comes with a bloatware free, clean and close to the stock skin. Now the device has received the most popular Lineage OS 15.1 ROM which means users can now Update Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 to Android 8.1 Oreo via Lineage OS 15.1
Lineage OS 15.1 is the most popular Custom ROMs available on the market. It offers loads of customization option. It has better performance and battery optimization compared to the stock firmware Of ZenFone Max Pro M1. If you are a ZenFone Max Pro M1 user and looking for Custom ROMs, then Lineage OS 15.1 For ZenFone Max Pro M1 is the best option you have.
The best part of Android devices is gaining root access.T here are tons of things which users can do after rooting their device like flashing Custom ROMs, kernels and Mods. Most of the Custom ROMs are feature rich. They provide loads of customization options compared to the Stock ROM. Some of the Custom ROMs are well optimized for battery and performance. So, users are always in search of good custom ROMs for their Android smartphones.
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Video Playback
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting For Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third-party ROMs like Lineage Os 15.1 or 15.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
- List Of Android Devices Getting Lineage OS 16 (Android 9.0 P)
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed. (Important)
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Lineage OS 15.1 ROM On Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download Lineage OS 15.1 For Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1
- Lineage OS 15.1 ROM | Credit: Shivam Kumar Jha, Senior Member of Xda | Xda Development Page
- Download Official GApps For Lineage OS 15.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 (If you want root access)
| Full List of ROMs For Zenfone Max Pro M1: List Of Best Custom ROMs For ZenFone Max Pro M1 (Fast + Battery)
Steps To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On ZenFone Max Pro M1 | Android 8.1 Oreo Update
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into thelatest Android
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.