A detailed guide to unlock bootloader, root HTC One X10 and Install TWRP Recovery: We have a great news for all the HTC One X10 users, as a working TWRP recovery is made available for the device which means users can now root their HTC One X10.But before everything users need to unlock the bootloader on HTC One X10 then users can flash the TWRP recovery via ADB and Fastboot commands then root the device by flashing the SuperSu or Magisk root pack.Don’t worry we will be sharing a step by step guide to safely Install TWRP recovery and Root HTC One X10
This year HTC released HTC One X10 in Russia.HTC One X10 is successor to HTC One X9.The HTC One X10 sports a rear fingerprint scanner, unlike its successor.HTC One X10 is Powered by an octa-core MediaTek Helio P10 SoC coupled with 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage further expandable upto 2TB via microSD card.The phone features a large 5.5 inch FHD super LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 on top.
Now, there are many advantages of a phone like the HTC One X10 which has an openable bootloader which means that the smartphone can be rooted easily and the TWRP recovery or any custom recovery can be installed on your phone. Now, we have attached a method below so that you can install TWRP recovery on HTC One X10 and root it by installing SuperSu root pack
Also, if you install TWRP recovery on your smartphone then you can also root your smartphone and then you can install any other ROM as well. Now, you should follow this guide properly for a successful installation of recovery on your phone.
You need a computer in order to flash the TWRP recovery on your device. Once the installation process is complete, you can follow the below step by step instructions to download and flash the superSU zip file or latest Magisk on your to grant the root permissions to your device. Follow the guide carefully and make sure to a complete backup before you proceed.
If you are new to TWRP recovery and rooting then here we first share some facts about Android rooting.
[su_heading size=”18″ align=”left” class=”Bold”]New Android 8.0 Oreo Related Updated Posts[/su_heading]
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device.You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device.You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance.You can hibernate any app you want.You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android.It is the most popular Android custom recovery.It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices.It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery.
Some Of the benefits Of Having TWRP Recovery
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP recovery.
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
[su_heading size=”18″ align=”left” class=”Bold”]Some Popular Posts You May Like[/su_heading]
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Enable USB Debugging.Guide > How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
we will update the post with working download link
You can flash either SuperSu or Magisk via TWRP recovery to get root access.
How To Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery and Root HTC One X10
Steps To Unlock Bootloader On HTC One X10
- First visit www.htcdev.com/bootloader, Login with your account (Make sure that you have already registered the account with HTC Dev and your PC must have HTC Sync Manager already installed)
- Now find your device on the ‘Unlock Bootloader’ page then select your model >> ‘All other supported Models’, and then confirm
- Now disconnect the HTC One X10 from Computer, turn off the device, and then start it in the bootloader mode ( Press and Hold the Volume Down+Power button simultaneously)
- Once device your device is in bootloader mode, select the Fastboot option (Use Vol. Up and Down for selection), and then press power button to confirm. Now, it’s time to connect HTC One device to the computer via USB Cable.
- On PC, create a new folder, name it as unlock-bl and then keep it open.
- Now, open command window in the unlock-bl folder. For this (Left click on empty white space in the unlock-bl folder.Now, while holding shift key, right click on empty white space to get a pop-up as shown below.Now choose Open command window here option from that)
- Connect your HTC device to PC now. It must be in bootloader mode already as given in step 6 above.
- Now, on PC, in command window, run the following command. (You can copy paste it too.) After entering text, use enter key to run it:
fastboot oem get_identifier_token
- You will see a long text of token. You have to copy it now. For this:
First, right click on an empty space inside the window, and select Mark.Now, highlight the block of text starting from << Identifier Token Start >> and ending with << Identifier Token End >>Right click on the highlighted text to copy it.
- Now, provide this token to HTC, so that they hand you the unlock code via a file sent to your email.
- If you did it alright, HTC will receive your token code, and will send you an e-mail with your Unlock_code.bin attached to the e-mail.
- Download the Unlock_code.bin and transfer it to unlock-bl folder, where you have the command window pointing location to.
- Close the command prompt window for once, and then open it again in the unlock-bl folder as above (step 6). And then run the following command.
fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
- A screen will appear on your device now asking you to confirm the bootloader unlock. Use Volume Up button to highlight Yes and select it using Power button.
- Your HTC One X10 will now reboot and the bootloader will be unlocked to fulfill all your flashing and modding needs. You can disconnect your U11 from computer once it fully boots up.
How To Install TWRP Recovery On HTC One X10
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
- Check out the Pre-Requirement Section above (Important)
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.Check out the link given above to unlock the bootloader if you haven’t done it yet
- Now download the TWRP Recovery For HTC One X10 (Download section above)
- Now follow the given guide to Install TWRP Recovery On HTC One X10
How to Root HTC One X10
After Installing the TWRP recovery on your device, you can boot into TWRP recovery by following the linked guide.Then you can flash the Supersu or Magisk to get root access on your device.
#1 Using SuperSu (Root HTC One X10 )
- Download the latest SuperSu.zip
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
#2 Using Magisk (Root HTC One X10 )
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device
- Done!! This will Root Xiaomi HTC One X10 successfully
Hope you enjoy reading this article keep visiting us for such amazing updates your smartphone, If you have any queries please leave that in the comment section we will try to reach you as soon as possible.
Thank You For Visiting US!!!!!
Disclaimer: Images used in this posts are not owned by us.These are properties of their respective owners