Root Xiaomi Mi 8 and Install TWRP Recovery: The latest device from Xiaomi has already received a working build of TWRP recovery and thanks to that it can be rooted easily. If you are a Xiaomi Mi 8 user and looking for a rooting guide, then you have landed on the right page.
Here we will be giving a step-by-step guide to help you root Xiaomi Mi 8 within no time. Now, there are many advantages of a phone like the Xiaomi Mi 8 which has an openable bootloader which means that the smartphone can be rooted easily and the TWRP recovery or any custom recovery can be installed on your phone. Now, we have attached a method below so that you can install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi 8 and root it by installing SuperSu root pack
In the earlier days of Android, people used to afraid of rooting and all, but now most of the users root their devices to get the most of it. Android allows users to unlock the bootloader after which users can root and install custom ROMs and MODs on their devices. After rooting an android device, a user can do whatever he wants. He can overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU. He can install latest Android Firmware by flashing Custom ROMs.Only Sky is the limit.
About Xiaomi Mi 8
Xiaomi Mi 8 comes equipped with a 6.21-inch touchscreen display with 1080 pixels by 2248 pixels resolution. The Xiaomi Mi 8 is powered by a Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 processor. It is an Octa-core CPU coupled with 6 GB of RAM. It has 64 GB of internal storage which can be expanded via microSD.
The Xiaomi Mi 8 has a dual camera setup on the rear side. It features 12 +12 megapixel dual rear camera on the back and a 20-megapixel front camera. Xiaomi Mi 8 runs Android 8.1 Oreo straight out of the box. It houses a 3400mAh non-removable battery.
f you are new to TWRP recovery and rooting then here we first share some facts about Android rooting.
[su_heading size=”18″ align=”left” class=”Bold”]New Updated Posts[/su_heading]
- List Of Android Devices Getting Lineage OS 16 (Android 9.0 P)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device. You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
[su_heading size=”18″ align=”left” class=”Bold”]Some Recommended Apps List[/su_heading]
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure that the USB drivers for your Android device are installed on the PC.
- Follow the below Guide Exactly or else it may lead to brick your device. RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage.
- Enable USB Debugging. Guide > How to Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on Android
- We recommend to take complete backup and proceed.
- Maintain 50-60% battery to prevent sudden shut down between the process.
How To Root Xiaomi Mi 8 and Install TWRP Recovery (Dipper)
How To Unlock Bootloader On Xiaomi Mi 8
Follow the linked below to safely unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi Mi 8
| Guide: Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool : Unlock Bootloader Of Xiaomi Devices
Or Check out the Official Xiaomi unlocking page here
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Mi 8
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
- Check out the Pre-Requirement Section above (Important)
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked.Check out the link given above to unlock the bootloader if you haven’t done it yet
- Now download the TWRP Recovery For Xiaomi Mi 8 (Twrp-3.2.1-0611)
- Now follow the given guide to Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Mi 8
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/install-twrp-recovery-via-fastboot/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#000000″ color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link-square” icon_color=”#aaf4a7″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How to Install TWRP Recovery via Fastboot On Any Android Device[/su_button]
How to Root Xiaomi Mi 8
After Installing the TWRP recovery on your device, you can boot into TWRP recovery by following the linked guide.Then you can flash the Supersu or Magisk to get root access on your device.
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/different-ways-to-boot-into-android-recovery-mode/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#000000″ color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link-square” icon_color=”#aaf4a7″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)[/su_button]
#1 Using SuperSu (Root Xiaomi Mi 8 )
- Download the latest zip
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/flash-supersu-using-twrp-recovery-root-any-android-device/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#000000″ color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link-square” icon_color=”#aaf4a7″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery & Root Any Android device[/su_button]
#2 Using Magisk (Root Xiaomi Mi 8 )
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device
[su_button url=”https://rootmygalaxy.net/install-magisk-on-android/” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#000000″ color=”#ffffff” size=”5″ wide=”yes” center=”yes” radius=”5″ icon=”icon: external-link-square” icon_color=”#aaf4a7″ text_shadow=”0px 0px 0px #010c16″]How To Install Magisk On Android Device [Universal Systemless Interface for Android][/su_button]
- Done!! This will Root Xiaomi Mi 8 successfully
Hope you enjoy reading this article keep visiting us for such amazing updates your smartphone, If you have any queries please leave that in the comment section we will try to reach you as soon as possible.
Thank You For Visiting US!!!!!