Download and Install Lineage OS 14.1 On ZTE Open C/ZTE Kis 3 (Android Nougat): ZTE Open C was launched in February 2014.It comes equipped with a 4.00-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 480 pixels by 800 pixels at a PPI of 233 pixels per inch.The device is powered by a 1.2GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor coupled with 512MB of RAM.It comes with 4GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 32GB via a microSD card.The ZTE Open C sports a 2-megapixel rear main camera.The ZTE Open C runs Firefox OS out of the box and houses a 1400mAh removable battery.
One of the several benefits of rooting is that rooting gives you the option of installing a custom ROM on your device. Custom ROMs make your device highly flexible and give your device a totally new outlook. Today, in this post, we are going to discuss about one of the best custom ROM lines in the Android market right now. Today, we will be giving you important information regarding Lineage OS 14.1 and how you can install it on your ZTE Open C/ZTE Kis 3. Lineage OS 14.1 is based on the source code of Android 7.1.2 Nougat source code and it comes with a long list of amazing features.
If you are a ZTE Open C/ZTE Kis 3 user that is interested in installing Lineage OS 14.1 on their device, then this post is the stopping point for you. Here, in this post, we are going to give you all the basic information about custom ROMs, its benefits, Lineage OS, and much more. After that, we will provide a simple instruction manual to help you install this custom ROM.
If you are new to the term “Custom ROMs” then you have to know what Custom ROM means, What are the benefits of using Custom ROMs.
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
About Android 7.1.2 Nougat (Lineage OS 14.1):
The Android 7.1.2 Nougat Update is an incremental update that which comes with a number of bug fixes and optimisations. All the features from Android 7.0 and 7.1 are available in Android 7.1.2 Nougat. The performance and system stability is much improved with the latest update. One of the silent features introduced in 7.1.2 is fingerprint gestures
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 14.1.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [ List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get Android 8.0 update
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Lineage OS 14.1 On ZTE Open C/ZTE Kis 3.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download Lineage OS 14.1 For ZTE Open C/ZTE Kis 3
- Lineage OS 14.1 For ZTE Open C/ZTE Kis 3 | Credit: Konsta | Source
- Download GApps For Lineage OS 14.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 (If you want root access)
Steps To Install Lineage OS 14.1 On ZTE Open C/ZTE Kis 3 | Android 7.1.2 Nougat Update
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.0.
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.