Pixel Experience ROM Based On Android 8.1 Oreo For Moto G3 (2015) Is Now Available For Download: After Pixel and Nexus Phones, if any devices get the best Developer support then it is Moto G series Phones.Now Moto G 2015 (3rd Generation) has received Android 8.1 Oreo Based Custom ROM.Xda Developer psychicboy, althafvly, and rahul9999 have successfully ported the Pixel Experience ROM based on Android 8.1 Oreo [Orignally developed for G5 Plus by jhenrique09] for the Moto G3 2015.
Motorola had released the latest smartphone in the Moto G series earlier which was the Moto G5 along with the Moto G5 Plus but the company decided to release an upgrade to this smartphones with the launch of Moto G5S and the Moto G5S Plus. Now, the Moto G series has been launched by the company from many years already and we have been seeing the latest smartphone in the Moto G series every year with the launch of the Moto G. Now, the company launched one of their most successful Moto G series smartphones, the Moto G3 in 2015 and the smartphone has been used by many even two years after its launch
One thing to note, however, is that the official update period of the Moto G3 has been ended by Motorola and the smartphone’s only hope to be updated to the latest version of Android is via the custom roms and the community does not disappoint in this area. There are many ROMs that are available for this device and we have also seen that the latest version of Android has already been available in terms of custom ROM which is Android 8.0 Oreo.
Google recently announced an upgrade to Android 8.0 Oreo with Android 8.1 Oreo and this update is still in Developer Preview and the final update will be released at the end of 2017. However, the Moto G3 has already received a custom ROM which will bring the Android 8.1 Oreo Developer Preview 1 to the smartphone. This is thanks to the Developers psychicboy, althafvly, and rahul9999 who have been able to boot into Android 8.1 Oreo on the Moto G3 with the help of Pixel Experience ROM. Currently, most of the important things like WiFi, Calls and other things have been found to work normally and it is possible to use as a daily driver.
Full List Of Custom ROMs For Moto G3 (2015) >  Full List Of Best Custom ROMs For Moto G3 (2015) (Oreo and Nougat)[/mks_pullquote]
Android 8.1 Oreo For Moto G3 (2015) | Pixel Experience ROM Features
As Pixel Experience Oreo ROM is based On Android 8.0 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.0 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser until now. The feature, Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password. This will save your precious time.
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose. This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.0 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0.There many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.0 Oreo. This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time
This “Google Play Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.0 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.0 Oreo (Pixel Experience Oreo ROM .0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.Now proceed To Install Pixel Experience Oreo ROM On your Moto
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
- Download the Android 8.1 Pixel Experience Oreo ROM (Development)
- Download Official GApps For Pixel Experience Oreo ROM ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.0 (If you want root access)
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
Steps To Install Pixel Experience Oreo ROM On Moto G3 (2015) | Android 8.1 Oreo Update
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.1
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.
Note: Images used in this posts are not owned by us and are the properties of respective persons
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.