Download/Install Android 8.1 Oreo On OnePlus 3/OnePlus 3T with CarbonROM (cr-6.1): Have you ever rooted your device? Have you ever tried to install a custom ROM and observed what happens? If the answer to both of these questions was no, then this post will help you change that. Rooting is a simple task which can be performed by anyone be it a programmer, developer, or even a casual Android user given they know proper steps. Once you have rooted your device, you will have opened up the doors to an infinite number of options to play with the settings, tinker with the interface, get rid of the bloatware, and most importantly install custom ROMs. Today, in this post, we will be discussing CarbonROM (cr-6.1) and how it can be installed on your OnePlus 3/OnePlus 3T.
OnePlus 3 comes with a 5.5-inch Optic AMOLED display screen with full HD resolution of 1920x1080p, a Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 Quad-Core processor, Adreno 530 GPU, 6 GB RAM, 64 GB ROM storage capacity, and a non-removable 3000mAh Li-Ion battery. It runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware (upgradable to Android 8.0 Oreo) and its other features include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.2, a 16.0 MP rear camera, an 8.0 MP front camera, and more.
OnePlus 3 on the other hand, comes with a 5.5-inch Optic AMOLED display screen with full HD resolution of 1920x1080p, a Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 Quad-Core processor, Adreno 530 GPU, 6 GB RAM, 64/128 GB ROM storage capacity, and a non-removable 3400mAh Li-Ion battery. It runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware (upgradable to Android 8.0 Oreo) and its other features include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.2, a 16.0 MP rear camera, a 16.0 MP front camera, USB Type-C, and more.
This post is dedicated to all OnePlus 3/OnePlus 3T users who are looking to root their device and install a custom ROM. In this post, we will not only give you the step-by-step instruction manual but we will also be giving you all the important details regarding rooting, custom ROMs, and its benefits.
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third-party ROMs like CarbonROM (CR-6.1) or Lineage OS 15.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
About Android 8.1 Oreo (CarbonROM (CR-6.1)):
The Android 8.1 Oreo Update is an incremental update that which comes with a number of bug fixes and optimizations. All the features from Android 7.0 and 7.1 are available in Android 8.1 Oreo. The performance and system stability is much improved with the latest update. One of the silent features introduced in 7.1.2 is fingerprint gestures
- [Download Links Added] Official CarbonROM (CR-6.1) Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install CarbonROM (CR-6.1) On OnePlus 3/OnePlus 3T.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download CarbonROM (CR-6.1) For OnePlus 3/OnePlus 3T
- Download The ROM | Source Credit: Xda
- Download Official GApps For Official CarbonROM (CR-6.1)
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 (If you want root access)
Full Custom ROMs List
- Best Custom ROMs For OnePlus 3T | Android Oreo (8.0/8.1) ROMs
- Ultimate lists of OnePlus 3 Custom ROMs (Android Oreo and Nougat)
Steps To Install Android 8.1 Oreo On OnePlus 3/OnePlus 3T with CarbonROM (cr-6.1)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into the latest Android
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram