Download and Install Mokee OS Android 8.1 Oreo On Google Pixel C: Mokee OS Oreo 8.1 Oreo build has been released for many devices which is an awesome thing.Now Google Pixel C is the latest device to get this Custom ROM.Google Pixel C (codename: dragon) was released in October 2015.It runs Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box and later upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo.But thanks to the team at Mokee, now users can Install Android 8.1 Oreo On Google Pixel C via Mokee OS
The Google Pixel C was a flagship tablet device from Google has received a great developer support.Google Pixel C comes with an unlockable bootloader which means users can install TWRP or any other recovery and flash any custom ROMs they want.
The developers support for these devices is also great.Now there is another Oreo-based Custom ROM available for Google Pixel C.Google Pixel C has started getting the latest Mokee OS ROM based On Latest Android 8.1 Oreo.This custom ROM is based on the source code of Android 8.1 Oreo and it comes with not only the features of Oreo firmware but it also has a lot of additional features as well.
If you are a Google Pixel C user who is looking for the perfect guide to help you root your device and install a custom ROM, then you have found your destination. Here, we will be giving you all the important information regarding custom ROM and its benefits. After that, we will be giving you an instruction manual to help you install this custom ROM easily.
About Mokee OS
- 1 About Mokee OS
- 2 What is Custom ROMs On Android?
- 3 Benefits Of Custom ROMs
- 4 Pre-Requirements
- 5 Disclaimer
- 6 Download Mokee OS For Google Pixel C (codename: dragon)
- 7 Steps To Install Mokee OS Android 8.1 Oreo On Google Pixel C
Mokee OS is another open source Custom ROM based on AOSP.The first Mokee OS ROM was developed during the jelly bean time.The Mokee OS has loads of things to offer.It is a well optimized Os which gives users great performance and better battery life.It also brings loads of customization options compared to the stock rom.The Mokee project was started on 12th of December 2012.Now it is one of the most used and famous custom ROMs On the planet.
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers.Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third-party ROMs like Mokee OS or Lineage OS 15.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
- [Download Links Added] Official Mokee OS Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Mokee OS On Google Pixel C.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download Mokee OS For Google Pixel C (codename: dragon)
- Download The ROM | Sorce Credit: Official Update
- Download Official GApps For Official Mokee OS
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 (If you want root access)
Steps To Install Mokee OS Android 8.1 Oreo On Google Pixel C
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into the latest Android
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.