Update Xiaomi Redmi 4A To Android 8.1 Oreo Via AOSPExtended: Xiaomi Redmi 4A is a very popular entry-range android device, so there are many custom ROMs available for it. The device has also received several Android 8.1 Oreo-based ROMs like AOSPExtended Oreo. Now it has started getting aospExtended 5.4
This is an official build available for Redmi 4A. The ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo source code. The Custom ROM is maintained by Erik Garcia (ECr34T1v3). If you want to know more about AOSPExtended Oreo For Redmi 4A, just Visit this XDA Thread
The Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest version of the Google labs. With the release of new Android 8.1 Oreo, the parallel thing that happens is the development of the Custom ROM which essentially acts as a wrapper to the underlying Android version. The Official AOSPExtended Oreo on Redmi 4A based on Android 8.1 Oreo is packed with new Wallpaper Themes, AutoFill, Redesigned Power Menu, Adaptive Icons, Picture -In- Picture Mode, Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time, new Shutdown and boot Animation, Pixel 2 Launcher, Round Statusbar Icons, and Settings. Follow the below step by step guide to install Official AOSPExtended 5.4 on Redmi 4A (Android 8.1 Oreo).
| Full ROMs List: Full List Of Best Xiaomi Redmi 4A Custom ROMs
AOSPExtended Oreo Features | Android 8.1 Oreo Features
- 0.1 AOSPExtended Oreo Features | Android 8.1 Oreo Features
- 0.2 Pre-Requirements:
- 1 Downloads
- 2 Update Xiaomi Redmi 4A To Android 8.1 Oreo Via AOSPExtended Oreo (rolex)
As Official AOSPExtended Oreo is based On Android 8.1 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.1 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser until now. The feature, Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password. This will save your precious time.
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose. This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.1 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0. There are many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.1 Oreo. This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time
This “Google Play Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.1 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.1 Oreo (Official AOSPExtended Oreo.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Official AOSPExtended Oreo On Redmi 4A.
- Official AOSPExtended Oreo for Redmi 4A
- Download GApps
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.1 (If you want root access)
Update Xiaomi Redmi 4A To Android 8.1 Oreo Via AOSPExtended Oreo (rolex)
- Download the ROM file as well as the GApps file, and transfer it onto your Xiaomi Redmi 4a using your data cable.
- Reboot your Xiaomi Redmi 4a into the recovery mode. Guide How To to Boot Into Recovery Mode On Android (Various Ways)
- Now, follow this in-depth guide to learn How to Download and Install Flyme OS on your device How To Install A Custom ROM Via Recovery On Any Android
- Return back to the TWRP menu, and reboot your device.
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Official AOSPExtended Oreo Based on Android Oreo 8.1. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.