Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy S6 [AospExtended] | Android 8.1 Oreo: Galaxy S6 was launched in May 2016, aside from the shape and size, there is nothing much difference between the two models Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. The Samsung Galaxy S6 variant with identical specs, but with a curved display that will wrap around the sides of the Galaxy S6. Galaxy S6 comes with Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) later Samsung released official Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) update. Many of the users already enjoying the sweetness of latest Android 8.1 Oreo via AospExtended ROM (Custom ROM). If you want to try the latest features on your device, thanks to custom ROM developers who made it possible to taste all new latest versions of Android. Now you can Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy S6. Follow the guide below to Update Galaxy S6 to Android 8.1 Oreo Via AospExtended.
The unofficial build by XDA Recognized Developer Vidhanth is in the alpha stage of development, it may contain a lot of bugs may not suitable for the daily driver. The developer working on bugs found in this build, expected to fix them soon. The official builds are under development, you can wait until official release. If you want to taste the new features in Android Oreo or wanna try the latest version of Android OS right now you can follow the below guide to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy S6 [AospExtended].
The Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest version of the Google labs. With the release of new Android 8.1 Oreo, the parallel thing that happens is the development of the Custom ROM which essentially acts as a wrapper to the underlying Android version. The Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy S6 based on Android 8.1 Oreo is packed with new Wallpaper Themes, AutoFill, Redesigned Power Menu, Adaptive Icons, Picture -In- Picture Mode, Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time, new Shutdown and boot Animation, Pixel 2 Launcher, Round Statusbar Icons, and Settings. Follow the below step by step guide to install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy S6 [AospExtended].
- [Download Links Added] LineageOS 15.1.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.1)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.1 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.1 Oreo
Android 8.1 Oreo Features:
As AospExtended is based On Android 8.1 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that AospExtended also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.1 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser for Wuntils until now. The feature is Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password.This will save your precious time
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose.This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.1 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0. There many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.1 Oreo.This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time:
This “Google PLay Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.1 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.1 Oreo (AospExtended) comes with.But there are much more. Overall AospExtended is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.Guide > How To Root Galaxy S6
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
- Download AospExtended for Galaxy S6 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Download Official GApps
- Download latest Magisk v15.2 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.1 (If you want root access)
How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo On Galaxy S6 | AospExtended ROM
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Android Oreo 8.1. Comment your feedback on Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy S6 (AospExtended).