Download and Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Nexus 10 | Android 8.1 Oreo: Nexus 10 was released back in 2012 which makes it a 6-year-old device now.It came with Android 4.2 jelly bean and the final Un-Official build it got was Android 5.1 Lollipop.But because it is a nexus device, the developer support for this device has been awesome.There are many custom ROMs available for the device.Users can even update the device to Android 8.1 Oreo as there are some ROMs available for the device which are based on Oreo source code.
Finally, the LineageOS 15.1 (Un-Official) is made available for the Nexus 10.However, the Un-Official Lineage OS 15.1 For Nexus 10 is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Now, you need to flash Lineage OS 15.1 build directly via TWRP recovery and the file has been attached below for you to download.Team Lineage has skipped the Lineage Os 15.The Un-Official build of Lineage OS 15.1 is now available for Nexus 10.If you are a Nexus 10 user then you should try out the Lineage OS 15.1 On Nexus 10.
Custom ROMs give the user an abundance of options to customize your phone as it comes with several unique features and an optimized battery, something which is not available in the Un-Official update of Android 8.1 Oreo.Now users can get all the great features of Android 8.1 with the help of Un-Official Lineage OS 15.1.Follow the given guide to Update Google Nexus 10 To Android 8.1 Oreo Via Un-Official Lineage Os 15.1
The Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest version of the Google labs. With the release of new Android 8.1 Oreo, the parallel thing that happens is the development of the Custom ROM which essentially acts as a wrapper to the underlying Android version. The Un-Official Lineage OS 15.1 on Nexus 10 based on Android 8.1 Oreo is packed with new Wallpaper Themes, AutoFill, Redesigned Power Menu, Adaptive Icons, Picture -In- Picture Mode, Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time, new Shutdown and boot Animation, Pixel 2 Launcher, Round Statusbar Icons, and Settings. Follow the below step by step guide to install Un-Official Lineage OS 15.1 on Nexus 10 (Android 8.1 Oreo).
- [Download Links Added] Un-Official Lineage OS 15.1.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.1)
- [Un-Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get Un-Official Android 8.1 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.1 Oreo
Un-Official Lineage OS 15.1 Features | Android 8.1 Oreo Features
As Un-Official Lineage OS 15.1 is based On Android 8.1 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.1 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser until now. The feature, Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password. This will save your precious time.
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose. This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.1 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0.There are many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.1 Oreo. This will be shown in floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time
This “Google Play Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.1 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.1 Oreo (Un-Official Lineage OS 15.1.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data.Now proceed To Install Un-Official Lineage OS 15.1 On Nexus 10.
- Un-Official Lineage OS 15.1 for Nexus 10 | Xda Development Page
- Download Un-Official GApps For Un-Official Lineage OS 15.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.1 (If you want root access)
How to install Un-Official Lineage OS 15.1 On Nexus 10 | Android 8.1 Oreo
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Un-Official Lineage OS 15.1 Based on Android Oreo 8.1. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.