Download and Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Moto G5s Plus: Android is the most used and popular mobile operating system in the world. There are more thousands and thousands of manufacturers which are making Android devices. The popularity of Android OS is because of the freedom of customization it offers. Unlike iOS, everything on an android device (software related) can easily be modified to match users taste.
Android Oreo is now available for the device Moto G5s Plus, yes now you can download and install Android Oreo 8.1 on Moto G5s Plus. Android Oreo is the latest android released a few months back. The new update for Moto G5s Plus includes android Oreo. Since Android Oreo is released recently so it has reached a few devices and many are left with the previous version of Android and Moto G5s Plus is among them. Moto G5s Plus may or may not get the official android Oreo upgrade so if you want to update Moto G5s Plus to android Oreo then you have to install Lineage OS 15.1 on which is a Custom ROM. A custom ROM is system software built by single or group of developers which can be installed on an Android smartphone to customize and update device’s software.
Android users can root their device easily and can install TWRP or any other recovery. The rooting process on android is easier compared to iOS. Once custom recovery is installed, users can flash Custom ROMs which are modified Android Operating systems developed by an Android developer or a group of developers.
There are tons of things which users can do after rooting their device like flashing Custom ROMs, kernels and Mods. Most of the Custom ROMs are feature rich. They provide loads of customization options compared to the Stock ROM. Some of the Custom ROMs are well optimized for battery and performance. So, users are always in search for good custom ROMs for their Android smartphones.
Check Out Full ROMs List > Moto G5s Plus Custom ROMs Collection | Android Nougat and Oreo[/mks_pullquote]
What is Custom ROMs On Android?
Custom ROMs are based on Official Android source codes which are customized or developed by developers or a community of developers. Custom ROMs come with loads of extra customizations which makes them unique and popular among the android lovers. Remember, Custom ROMs are not provided by Google or other mobile vendors but are developed and maintained by the community and its contributors.
Benefits Of Custom ROMs
1) Vanilla Android (Pixel Style)
Most Of the AOSP Based Custom ROMs are bloatware free and have very close to the stock look and feel which makes them super snappy. These ROMs are very optimized for battery and performance.
2) Root Access
Most of the Custom ROMs are pre-rooted. The process of gaining full admin control of the Android device is called Rooting On Android. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 8.0 Oreo) On old device by installing third party ROMs like Lineage Os 15.1 or 15.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
3) Regular Updates
Most of the Android smartphone manufacturer provides 2-year software support and after that, the devices won’t get any official update. In that case, users have to fully depend on Custom ROMs to test the latest Android on their devices.
Most of the developers of the Custom ROMs provide a 4)regular update which is one of the best things about Custom ROMs.
Android is famous for Customization and Custom ROMs take this to another level. Unlike Stock vanilla android Custom ROMs come with various customization options. We are sharing few of them below
- Users can enable or disable navigation bar
- Users can customize navigation bar and Status bar icons
- Some Custom ROMs come with different MODs
- Some Custom ROMs come with Custom Kernels which allow users to Overclock or underclock the CPU and GPU.
- Some Custom ROMs come with support for Third party themes
5) Battery and Performance
Most Of the Custom ROMs are very close to stock vanilla android in look. The Custom ROMs are very optimized which results in better battery life and smooth performance.
- [Download Links Added] Official Lineage OS 15.1.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Lineage OS 15.1 ROM On Moto G5s Plus.
RootMyGalaxy.net is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
Download Lineage OS 15.1 For Moto G5s Plus
- Download The ROM | Credit: Link
- Download Official GApps For Official Lineage OS 15.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 (If you want root access)
Steps To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Moto G5s Plus | Android 8.1 Oreo Update
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your Armor and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it.Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
- Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into thelatest Android
If you have any doubts regarding this article, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.