Download and Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Sony Xperia ZL: Sony devices are very developer friendly and most of the older generation Sony Xperia devices are still getting regular Custom ROMs support.After Sony Xperia ZR, now Sony Xperia ZL which was released in 2013 is getting Lineage OS 15.1 ROM based on Android 8.1 Oreo.Now users can Update Xperia ZL To Android 8.1 Oreo Via Lineage OS 15.1
The Xperia ZL comes with a 5.00-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels at a PPI of 441 pixels per inch. Sony Xperia ZL runs Android 4.3 out of the box and powered by 1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm MDM9215M processor. Sony Xperia ZL has 16GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 64GB and has 2 GB RAM. Sony Xperia ZL runs on Non-removable Li-Ion 2370 mAh battery. The Sony Xperia ZL features a 13-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera for selfies.Install Lineage OS 15.1 Oreo on Sony Xperia ZL to unlock more amazing features.
As the popular CyanogenMod collapsed, developers from the same team started new Custom ROM LineageOS. LineageOS 14.1 is a huge Hit, it was installed over 1 million times in 170+ models. With Android 8.1 Oreo released last month the race to make the next customised OS has hit off. Google has always strived to make it every next release better than the previous.Follow the guide below to Update Sony Xperia ZL To Android 8.1 Oreo Via LineageOS 15.1
As this is the initial stage of development the official builds are not yet released. This build may not work as a daily driver as you expect. As official builds are under development, you can wait until official release. But if you can to test this LineageOS 15.1 ROM on Sony Xperia ZL and taste the latest Android 8.1 Oreo features. Follow the below step by step guide to install Lineage OS 15.1 on Sony Xperia ZL.
Resurrection Remix Oreo For Xperia ZL: Download and Install Resurrection Remix Oreo On Sony Xperia ZL (Android 8.1)[/mks_pullquote]
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.1.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.1)
- [ List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get Android 8.1 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.1 Oreo
Lineage OS 15.1 Features | Android 8.1 Oreo Features
As Lineage OS 15.1 is based On Android 8.1 Oreo’s Source code, it has all the latest Android Oreo features and in addition to that Lineage OS also has some extra customization features.
Android 8.1 Oreo now comes with Autofill feature which was available in the Chrome browser until now. The feature, Auto Fill mode which means that the OS will save your Email Address as well as Password. This will save your precious time.
#2 Adaptive Icons
Now Android also added Adaptive Icons which means that the smartphone will now have an option to modify the default icons for various applications in many shapes such as squircle, square, rounded and others. This is done to ensure that the icons on different apps are in line with the other apps for uniformity purpose. This will make your phone looks cool and minimalistic
#3 Updated Emoji
In Android 8.1 Oreo, Google has once again updated the default emojis present in the Android OS to a blob-less emoji version rather than blob version which was seen on Android 7.0.There are many new emojis are added to enhance your messaging experience
#4 Notification Dots
This feature is same as the one present on Android 7.0 Nougat where users can long press on home screen to see the options but this feature is now extended to show notifications of that particular app by long pressing the icon.
#5 Picture -In- Picture Mode
The picture in Picture mode which is also known as PiP mode is also added to Android 8.1 Oreo. This will be shown in a floating window rather than the split-screen.
#6 Google Play Protect and 2X Boot Time
This “Google Play Protect” is added in the Google Play Store and it will be a background service that will check for apps and its usage and data storage permissions and notify users if it is safe to install and use the app.
Thanks to the great optimization in Android 8.1 Oreo, the boot will now take 10 seconds to do so which is a significant improvement. (Previously 15-20 Sec.)
Above are some of the main features Android 8.1 Oreo ( Lineage OS 15.1.0) comes with. But there are much more. Overall Lineage OS is the best Custom ROM available for Android.
- Make sure the bootloader on your device is unlocked and your device is rooted and you have a custom recovery installed.
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery.
- Make sure you have taken a backup of your important data. Now proceed To Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Sony Xperia ZL.
- Download Lineage OS 15.1 for Sony Xperia ZL | Credit: Namenlos
- Download GApps For Lineage OS 15.1 ROMs
- Download latest Magisk v13.5 supports Android Oreo | Android 8.1 (If you want root access)
How to install Lineage OS 15.1 On Sony Xperia ZL | Android 8.1 Oreo (Codename: Odin)
- Make sure your device is rooted and have the latest TWRP recovery installed. (Check the Pre-Requirement Section Above)
- First, download the files from the above link.
- Now transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your device.
- Now reboot to the TWRP recovery by holding your power and volume down buttons together for a few seconds.
- Take a backup by selecting the option from the home screen and then your data and cache from the recovery menu.
- Now select install and then browse for the downloaded ROM file and then select it. Next flash the Gapps file and then Magisk (optional).
Once the flashing process is completed, reboot your phone and you will be booted into Lineage OS 15.1 Based on Android Oreo 8.1. If you have any doubts regarding this process, feel free to comment below.
Rootmygalaxy a.k.a RMG was started in 2015 with a solo goal of Helping users with easy How-to guides. Slowly the website started sharing exclusive Leaks and Tech News. In these 5 years, we have been credited by the likes of Forbes, CNBC, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, Android Authority, GSM Arena and many others. Want to know more about us? Check out our About Us page or connect with us Via Twitter, Facebook, Youtube or Telegram.