Step By Step Guide To Root Google Pixel 3 XL and Install TWRP Recovery: The Pixel 3 XL has been launched by Google along with its little brother The Google Pixel 3. The Pixel 3 Xl has been in the new for the huge notch it comes with. If we ignore the notch, the Pixel 3 is the best Android smartphone available right now. It comes with 6.3-inch Full HD AMOLED display. This time users have 3 colours to choose from. The new Pixel devices have all the high-end specs and features. The Pixel 3 XL is powered by Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 845 SoC coupled with 4GB RAM and 64/128GB of non-expandable internal storage.
Though Google Pixel 3 XL is an amazing smartphone it can also be rooted and rooting google Pixel 3 XL can be easy if you follow this guide. In order to root any device we must need a custom recovery to be installed, TWRP is the best custom recovery available for Google Pixel 3 XL. TWRP is a custom recovery which allows you to install firmware updates, custom ROMs etc, manually on your device. Also, TWRP helps the user to create backups and make a factory or advance wipe. Installing TWRP is an essential step in order to root an android device, as root directories can be installed by a custom recovery like TWRP easily.
Now, there are many advantages of a phone like the Google Pixel 3 XL which has an openable bootloader which means that the smartphone can be rooted easily and the TWRP recovery or any custom recovery can be installed on your phone. Now, we have attached a method below so that you can install TWRP recovery on Google Pixel 3 XL and root it by installing SuperSu root pack
You need a computer in order to flash the TWRP recovery on your device. Once the installation process is complete, you can follow the below step by step instructions to download and flash the superSU zip file or latest Magisk on your to grant the root permissions to your device. Follow the guide carefully and make sure to a complete backup before you proceed.
If you are new to TWRP recovery and rooting then here we first share some facts about Android rooting.
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
- 0.1 What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
- 0.2 Warning
- 0.3 Pre-Requirements
- 1 How To Install TWRP Recovery On Google Pixel 3 XL(Both SuperSu and Magisk)
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device. You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device. You can install the latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13. You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance. You can hibernate any app you want. You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android. It is the most popular Android custom recovery. It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices. It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery. It needs the bootloader to be unlocked.
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP recovery.
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this tutorial. Do it at your own risk.
- Make sure battery percentage is more than 60%
- Make sure you have installed USB Drives on your PC.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your computer. Guide Quickest Way To Install Android ADB and Fastboot (with drivers) on Windows or How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac or Linux
- Now Enable Developer option. Guide How to Enable Developer Options & USB Debugging on Android
- Take full back up of your important data.
→ Full Guide to safely and Install TWRP Recovery
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Google Pixel 3 XL(Both SuperSu and Magisk)
First, you have to unlock the bootloader then Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
How To Unlock Bootloader On Google Pixel 3 XL
- Check out the Pre-Requirement Section above (Important)
- If your bootloader is locked then check out the guide here
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Google Pixel 3 XL
- First of all, make sure you have followed each and every step mentioned in the pre-requisites section
- After that, you have to download the TWRP and transfer it to your Google Pixel 3 XL
Once transferred, follow this guide from below to install TWRP recovery on your Google Pixel 3 XL. (Same as flashing the stock ROM)
#1 Using SuperSu (Root Google Pixel 3 XL)
- Download the latest SuperSu.zip
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
#2 Using Magisk (Root Google Pixel 3 XL)
- Download the latest Magisk
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device