Install TWRP and Root Alcatel OneTouch Idol X: Latest TWRP 3.0.2 has released for Alcatel OneTouch Idol X. We have brought the full guide for you so that you can install TWRP 3.0.2 on Alcatel OneTouch Idol X easily and Root it. For those who don’t know what’s TWRP, It’s a custom recovery that allow you to make changes in your smartphone according to you as it will help you in installing several system software directly on your phone. TWRP can install custom ROMs, firmware updates, stock ROMs etc. Also TWRP can help you creating a full backup of your phone with system files plus you can wipe the phone completely off with this.
If you want to Root Alcatel OneTouch Idol X then you have to install TWRP on it and installing TWRP is nothing like rocket science, a person with basic knowledge can also install it. Since Alcatel OneTouch Idol X is not one of the latest smartphone, that’s why it has some old features added but you can update it with the help of TWRP and can experience something new. Alcatel One Touch Idol X smartphone was launched in September 2013. The phone comes with a 5.00-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels. The Alcatel One Touch Idol X runs Android 4.2 and is powered by a 2000mAh non removable battery.The Alcatel One Touch Idol X is a dual SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone that accepts Micro-SIM and Micro-SIM. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, FM and 3G. Sensors on the phone include Compass Magnetometer, Proximity sensor and Ambient light sensor.
If you want to install TWRP on Alcatel OneTouch Idol X and root it then follow this guide carefully, we have divided this guide into two major section in which first section will tell you how to install TWRP on Alcatel OneTouch Idol X and the second one will instruct you to root Alcatel OneTouch Idol X. The guide is arranged step by step for the ease of following, but before proceeding check some important points mentioned below.
If you are new to TWRP recovery and rooting then here we first share some facts about Android rooting.
- [Download Links Added] Lineage OS 15.0 Device List | All Android Devices (Android 8.0)
- [Official List] Android Oreo Device List- List of the devices which will get official Android 8.0 update
- Full List of devices which have received Lineage OS 14/14.1 (Download)
- Download Magisk v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.3.0 (Oreo Root)
- FlashFire v0.70 is available for download with support for Android 8.0 Oreo
What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
- 0.1 What is Rooting An Android Device Mean?
- 0.2 What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
- 0.3 Important Points:
- 0.4 Warning:
- 0.5 Downloads for Alcatel OneTouch Idol X
- 1 How to install TWRP and ROOT Alcatel OneTouch Idol X
Rooting is the process of gaining full admin control of the Android device.You can use the device to its full potential,‘Rooting’ means giving yourself special privilege or “root permissions” on your phone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows.
After rooting your device you can install different MODs, kernel, ROMs on your device.You can install latest Android updates (like the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROMs like CyanogenMod 13.You can overclock the CPU and GPU of your device to get the best performance.You can hibernate any app you want.You can underclock the CPU to get better battery life.
For more information about Android rooting, check out our detailed post here > What Is Rooting Android Phone? Advantages And Disadvantages
What Is TWRP Recovery and Some of its benefits?
TWRP is a custom recovery for Android.It is the most popular Android custom recovery.It replaces the stock recovery On Android devices.It comes with many extra features compared to the stock recovery.It needs the bootloader to be unlocked.
- Users Can Install Custom ROMs, MODs, Kernel via TWRP recovery
- Users can flash system image (.img) file via TWRP recovery.
- You can flash modding zip files
- It is being used to install Xposed Modules
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- Users can root by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery
- You can create nandroid backup via TWRP
- Can remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery.
- You can flash Custom Kernel To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data via TWRP recovery.
- Top 5 Best Nintendo 3Ds Emulators for Android, Windows and Mac
- Top 50 Must Have Root Apps For Android 2017
- 5 Best Text Editor Apps for Android
- Top 5 Best Texting Apps For Android 2017
- Enable root for apps on lineage Os (Supersu zip)
- How to remove “App is Running in the Background” notification on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Android 8.0 Oreo Battery Drain Issue: Here’s How To Fix
- Your device should have an unlocked bootloader.Guide > How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Android Using Fastboot
- Make sure your device has more than 50% battery
- Backup all the important files as after following this guide your phone will be completely wiped off.
- Enable USB debugging, In order to enable the usb debugging on android devices, users have to enable the hidden Developer Option
rootmygalaxy.net will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Android device while following this tutorial.Do it at your own risk.
Downloads for Alcatel OneTouch Idol X
How to install TWRP and ROOT Alcatel OneTouch Idol X
The guide is divided into two major sections in first we will tell you how to install TWRP on Alcatel OneTouch Idol X and then in the second how to root Alcatel OneTouch Idol X
The first method you can Install the TWRP recovery then flash the SuperSu or Magisk to get your device rooted
Steps To Install TWRP Recovery On Alcatel OneTouch Idol X
- Check out the Pre-Requirement Section above (Important)
- Make sure your device’s bootloader is unlocked. Check this link to Unlock Bootloader of Alcatel OneTouch Idol X
- Now download the TWRP Recovery For Alcatel OneTouch Idol X.
- Now follow the given guide to Install TWRP Recovery On Alcatel OneTouch Idol X.
Steps To Root Alcatel OneTouch Idol X
#1 Using SuperSu To Root Alcatel OneTouch Idol X (Not tested, check the magisk one)
- Download the latest zip (Download)
- Now follow the given guide to Install SuperSu On your device to get root access
#2 Using Magisk To Root Alcatel OneTouch Idol X
- Download the latest Magisk from the download section above
- Now follow the guide to flash magisk via TWRP to get root access on your device.
That’s it. Your Alcatel OneTouch Idol X has been rooted successfully. Keep reading roomygalaxy for more news and updates.